forum for not under 38 list applied in 27/2/08 to 30-11.08

amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way! Those who have not yet received any response must not lose hope as all those were not in 38 categories and were not required by CIC anymore have already been refurned with their fees. So, there is chance for you all .... let's think positive...
Note: All this is my assumption as per experience, it never meant hurting to giving undue hope.
On top of all, my sincer wishes for you all.. and best of luck.

Natal

Oct 20, 2008
Hi All, I am also in this situation. My online status shows that my application has been reviewed by CIO in Sydney and a mail has been sent to me on May 11, 2009. But, the letter has not yet arrived. I asked the visa office, no reply. It is frustrating.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
@Natal - they don't send the physical letter these days... they only send the e-mail from Nova Scotia.

how did you com to know your file number in order to check the status of the application?

amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aanbaan said:
@Natal - they don't send the physical letter these days... they only send the e-mail from Nova Scotia.

how did you com to know your file number in order to check the status of the application?
:) good point ....

malli

Star Member
Dec 6, 2008
Hi amerzd

you have written that Those who have not yet received any response must not lose hope as all those were not in 38 categories and were not required by CIC anymore have already been refurned with their fees
I think the the case that are rejected are of that applicants who applied after 1.12.08 when the list of 38 occupation came
Can you show me the case of applicants who are rejected & who applied in between 27.02.08-30.11.08 .
Because I have not seen such type of rejection
If you are right than may be there will be some chance for us

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear All
Thanks for reponses after a long time.

I got some cases rejected in this forum who appllied between 27 Feb and 30 Nov'08. Anybody can find them by searching "rejection" in FSW category.

I assume certain appliacnts may get special consideration as per their qualification and field of experinece. Obviously Sydney, NS office will take the decision. I think they might have already separated the applications to consider specially or they will do that after minimizing their current pressure of processing 38 job categories within 6-12 months. Or the rejection letter with a message of refund is coming shortly.

Whatever the decision is, nobody can assure that. We must wait for everyone's case. However, if a decison is positive or negative for a certain job code, the decison may be same for other applicants of that code. Who knows what will happen to whom ?

Please keep communicating if any response comes from either Sydney or local Visa office.

Good luck.

SYED

Natal

Oct 20, 2008
amerzd said:
aanbaan said:

:) good point ....
Hi, I have applied on May 2008 and got AOR on June 2008 with my file number B******. It has been more than 1 year since I applied. Initially my status was "In process" then changed to application received by CIO....mail has been sent on May 11, 2009. It is almost 2 months without reply letter or e-mail.

abasossi

Feb 7, 2009
HI All, i submited my case in nov 08, rec letter in jan 09 front page stating my file no. and back page stating that my NOC is not matching the list of 38 and refund will be send in period of 6 months, i made an inquiry about my refund on june 09 and i received an appology for the letter which sent to me as it was mis printing in the back page. and my application is not rejected or accepted till now, and they cannot give me the new file no.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
abasossi said:
HI All, i submited my case in nov 08, rec letter in jan 09 front page stating my file no. and back page stating that my NOC is not matching the list of 38 and refund will be send in period of 6 months, i made an inquiry about my refund on june 09 and i received an appology for the letter which sent to me as it was mis printing in the back page. and my application is not rejected or accepted till now, and they cannot give me the new file no.
Hi abasossi
Can you find your status with the file number that you have now ? If yes, that is good for you. Waiting is much better than get a rejection letter at this moment, because nobody knows what will happen exactly for those who have applied between 28 Feb-30 Nov 2008, not in the 38 NOC list and did not receive a rejection letter yet. We have to wait with patience.

Natal, pls. let us know if you get any reply.

Best of luck.

SYED

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
hi abasossi,

i am not sure whether i should be surprised or not. what happened to you gives us a hint on how disorganized, incompetent, and unprofessional those people working at CIC have become! who knows how many people have been wrongfully evaluated and rejected because of the poor skills of immigration officers!

but, i haven't got this impression by just reading your post. i already got it by reading other posts that others had posted previously on this website. at that time, i didn't feel like writing about it. but, by reading your post today, i have been unable to control myself and prevent myself from expressing my anger!

if you go to the official website of cic, you will see there is a link to a page where cic expresses its satisfaction about newly hired people! do you know who they are? they are new immigrants who have been given jobs at cic! i have a strong feeling that perhaps they are the ones who have been evaluating PR applications! why else would we hear about cases where an applicant had all necessary qualifications to be evaluated against a certain NOC but was wrongfully rejected? it happens only when the immigration officer himself/herself is not competent enough, nor knowledgeable enough, to assess the profession of an applicant!

just imagine a guy who applied to canada as a refugee and whose refugee claim was accepted by canada and eventually was given a job at cic to evaluate pr applications!! that is what is happening at CIC these days!!!

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
mcgyver said:
hi abasossi,

i am not sure whether i should be surprised or not. what happened to you gives us a hint on how disorganized, incompetent, and unprofessional those people working at CIC have become! who knows how many people have been wrongfully evaluated and rejected because of the poor skills of immigration officers!

but, i haven't got this impression by just reading your post. i already got it by reading other posts that others had posted previously on this website. at that time, i didn't feel like writing about it. but, by reading your post today, i have been unable to control myself and prevent myself from expressing my anger!

if you go to the official website of cic, you will see there is a link to a page where cic expresses its satisfaction about newly hired people! do you know who they are? they are new immigrants who have been given jobs at cic! i have a strong feeling that perhaps they are the ones who have been evaluating PR applications! why else would we hear about cases where an applicant had all necessary qualifications to be evaluated against a certain NOC but was wrongfully rejected? it happens only when the immigration officer himself/herself is not competent enough, nor knowledgeable enough, to assess the profession of an applicant!

just imagine a guy who applied to canada as a refugee and whose refugee claim was accepted by canada and eventually was given a job at cic to evaluated pr applications!! that is what is happening at CIC these days!!!

CIC should seriously look into it, so that every decision can be taken correctly.

Good luck.

malli

Star Member
Dec 6, 2008
DEAR ALL
I HAVE SEEN SOME CASE REJECTED WHO APPLIED IN BETWEEN (28/02/08-30.11.08)
ONE OF APPLICANT APPLIED IN NOV 08 GOT REJECTION WHEREAS I APPLIED ON 14.07.08 5MONTH EARLIER FROM HIME I DID NOT GET ANY RESPONSE FROM CIC
WHAT DOES IT MEAN

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear Malli
Very important thing you identified, which we may think more closely to guess whether CIC shall put special consideration on certain applications applied in between the period. I have also seen some cases who got rejection letter due to NOC ground. More discussion is required from other members.

Malli, this may mean one of the followings :

1. ceratin applications are already separated for special consideration, which may be replied after minimizing current pressure and they are busy with 38 NOC list right now. OR

2. applications are checked as per the serial, certain applications may be at the bottom of the serial and shall be replied accordingly. OR

3. new laws or change in NOC is coming shortly, where cretain applications may be included.

This is just an assumption. What other members think ? Pls. participate and put your comment.

Good luck.

SYED