+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forms to add my wife to my application

Bummeis

Jun 3, 2017
Hi guys,

I applied for PR and after getting accepted and before getting my PR card I got married. I informed CIC and they sent me a list of documents to be provided to them.

Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);

This one seems to be asking for my info, then I can add my wife as a 'dependent'. So my question is, I only need to fill it once right? Or does my wife need to fill it and add me as a dependent? Doesn't seem logical to fill it twice.

 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);

This one has sections about 'mother/father/siblings'. So again, is it only me that fills it or me and her separately?

 A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669;
This one is clear

 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  If applicable:
This one is confusing. The form itself has section for 'principal applicant' and for 'spouse'. So should she fill it and add me as the spouse or is it the other way around ?

I'd appreciate all the help I can get with this.

Also, If you read this but have no answer, do you know who I could contact with these questions?