+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forms in getting open work permit/confused pls help

Chelsea091

Sep 14, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was about to fill up a forms on how to apply a open work permit and send it through online but I was confused how to answer it. Under details of intended work in canada there are 3 questions that makes me confused:

1. Name of employer ( do I need to put my current job?) i have a job right now which under my close work permit the reason why im going to have open work permit is to have a second job but i dont have second job yet.

2. Details of prospective employer.
3 my occupation in canada will be.

Since i dont have a second job yet and I am just waiting first to apply on open work permit, how do I answer this? Do i need to put the information of my present job? Or just put N/A. Am i in the right track of forms? Can someone tell me if im doing right? Sorry guys i really dont know what to do. I am eligible to apply because I do have file number under CEC. Please help, really appreciate! Thank u so much...

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
You're talking about the form IMM5710. For an open work permit you can leave the "Details of intended work in Canada" blank, except for the first question about the work permit type (select Open Work Permit), and the last question about a provincial certificate (answer No to this). Employment details don't matter for an open permit.

Chelsea091

Sep 14, 2013
LPS said:
You're talking about the form IMM5710. For an open work permit you can leave the "Details of intended work in Canada" blank, except for the first question about the work permit type (select Open Work Permit), and the last question about a provincial certificate (answer No to this). Employment details don't matter for an open permit.
I really do appreciate your help, thank you so much, I did stock on this for two days because I cant find answers. So do i need to put N/A? One more thing, how about the duration of expected employment? Because I cant validate it if I will leave it blank. Thank you again.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
'Duration of expected employment' should not be needed for an open work permit. My guess is that you've entered a "From" date, and now it expects a "To" date too.

On forms like this with a validation feature, leave fields blank if they don't apply to you. If the form doesn't validate without you answering N/A to a question, it's likely that N/A is not a valid response, or the form thinks that the question is mandatory because of your response to an earlier question (for example, "Open Work Permit" allows you to leave questions 2-7 in that section blank; "Labour Market Opinion Stream" doesn't).

Chelsea091

Sep 14, 2013
LPS said:
'Duration of expected employment' should not be needed for an open work permit. My guess is that you've entered a "From" date, and now it expects a "To" date too.

On forms like this with a validation feature, leave fields blank if they don't apply to you. If the form doesn't validate without you answering N/A to a question, it's likely that N/A is not a valid response, or the form thinks that the question is mandatory because of your response to an earlier question (for example, "Open Work Permit" allows you to leave questions 2-7 in that section blank; "Labour Market Opinion Stream" doesn't).
Thank you so much my LPS have a great day... ;)

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014

Hi LPS
I am applying for open work permit with the spouse sponsorship PR. In form IMM5710, Question 3, intended work location in Canada is required. What I am supposed to fill in that?

Also can you please tell me if there is separate fees for applying initial open work permit?
CIC website says open work permit holder fees (fees>temporary residents>work permit>open work permit holder)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#temporary

Thanks in advance

Timaero

Sep 27, 2018
Hi, issue with filling imm5710 form for BOWP.I am just gonna leave this here hoping a good samaritan sees it and comes to my aid.
*DURATION OF EXPECTED EMPLOYMENT*

CURRENT SITUATION
Employment: full time continuous since 2015 Nov 13th
PGOWP expires 2018 Oct 27th
Passport expires 2020 June 15th

Applying for a bridging work permit to allow me work with same employer while PR is processed.

Ks1990

Nov 6, 2018
I am working in canada (closed work permit) . I have applied supouse open work permit but I didn't mention anything in work intend column but in supporting documents i add purpose of letter, Employment letter and my closed work permit. Is it ok or not because i have read somewhere. It is important to fill C41(spouse of skilled worker) in work intend column (form 1295)

Last edited: