+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forms IMM 5476 & IMM 5475 Clarifications

pardu5

Oct 30, 2019
I am sponsoring my wife from India. I am only filling out all the forms. Could anyone please let me know, still need to fill out and send the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] from and Authority to Release Personal Information to Designated Individual [IMM5475].

Thanks in advance for your valuable reply.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am sponsoring my wife from India. I am only filling out all the forms. Could anyone please let me know, still need to fill out and send the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] from and Authority to Release Personal Information to Designated Individual [IMM5475].

Thanks in advance for your valuable reply.
If you wish to be representative for your spouse then yes (and I would say it is useful to do so but is not at all required).

pardu5

Oct 30, 2019
Thank you Armoured for your reply.

I have another clarification in IMM0008, How many family members including you, are in this application.

As I am a sponsor and have two minor children which already applied for citizenship for them. Still, do I need to mention 4 members and include all of them in an application or just my wife (Principal Applicant) as 1 member?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you Armoured for your reply.

I have another clarification in IMM0008, How many family members including you, are in this application.

As I am a sponsor and have two minor children which already applied for citizenship for them. Still, do I need to mention 4 members and include all of them in an application or just my wife (Principal Applicant) as 1 member?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Imm0008 - do not include citizens (even those that have not received proof citizenship yet).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That means I need to mention only 1 family member as the principal applicant is that correct Armoured.
Yes. Note that the family / personal background information form - and possibly others - may need you to include them.

The IMM0008 is the main application doc - and those who are already PRs / citizens (including spousal sponsor) should not be included, because they cannot apply to become PRs.

pardu5

Oct 30, 2019
Yes. Note that the family / personal background information form - and possibly others - may need you to include them.

The IMM0008 is the main application doc - and those who are already PRs / citizens (including spousal sponsor) should not be included, because they cannot apply to become PRs.
Thank you very much Armoured for your time and help in filling out the forms. I applied Citizenship Certificate for my minor children and is in process. So I do not need to mention even children also right.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you very much Armoured for your time and help in filling out the forms. I applied Citizenship Certificate for my minor children and is in process. So I do not need to mention even children also right.
Read the instructions. You will need to show that children are (presumed) citizens, and i believe it asks you to include copies of citizenship apps for them.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you Armoured for your help.
I may not have been clear - the way to show they are presumed citizens (and therefore not applying to become prs) is by including a copy of the citizenship application.

Note, you will need to apply for passports for them to travel - that's separate. I believe the way to get one before the citizenship app is complete is by applying for a temporary passport.