+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Former Ref application Eta

Garminium

Nov 12, 2021
Hello and thank for all answers that you gave here.
I have a question on my case.
I am from Visa exempt Country even before the Eta rules was applied.
min 2009 I came to Canada and applied for Refugee status in Montreal. After 3 years of waiting I decided not to wait until the court day and withdraw my application.
I respectEd all rules and left Canada before time that was given to me by Immigration Canada. Left without any problems and have all the papers.
Now we want to travel to Canada with my wife and kid for a vacation.
1. Do I need to put Yes in previous applications?
I am dual citizen of 2 Europeans Countries that do not need Visa to USA or Canada. And was in USA more than 10 times after Coming back from Canada.
2. Should I apply for ETA or it’s a waist of time in my case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello and thank for all answers that you gave here.
I have a question on my case.
I am from Visa exempt Country even before the Eta rules was applied.
min 2009 I came to Canada and applied for Refugee status in Montreal. After 3 years of waiting I decided not to wait until the court day and withdraw my application.
I respectEd all rules and left Canada before time that was given to me by Immigration Canada. Left without any problems and have all the papers.
Now we want to travel to Canada with my wife and kid for a vacation.
1. Do I need to put Yes in previous applications?
I am dual citizen of 2 Europeans Countries that do not need Visa to USA or Canada. And was in USA more than 10 times after Coming back from Canada.
2. Should I apply for ETA or it’s a waist of time in my case?
Tough to say whether you will run into issues. Even if you get ETAs you can be denied entry when you arrive in Canada so there is always a risk. The fact that you have travelled to the US so many times improves your chances but applying for asylum from an EU country (or 2 EU countries) and spending 3 years in Canada creates concerns. Asylum approval from the EU was pretty rare in 2009 when you applied and so you still present a risk.

Garminium

Nov 12, 2021
Tough to say whether you will run into issues. Even if you get ETAs you can be denied entry when you arrive in Canada so there is always a risk. The fact that you have travelled to the US so many times improves your chances but applying for asylum from an EU country (or 2 EU countries) and spending 3 years in Canada creates concerns. Asylum approval from the EU was pretty rare in 2009 when you applied and so you still present a risk.
Thanks for the answer.
But what risk I present if I withdraw my application by my own and left Canada by my own? I have 200k a year job and so on…
As far as I remember I can’t apply for 2 time for refugee claim? This just what comes to mind… Not something negative to you. Do you think applying with a lawyer will help?