+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FORMER PUBLIC NOTARY

Dec 24, 2014
Hello ,
I am new to this forum.I am former public notary from Bulgaria, country with non-common law system. My wife and children are Canadians,
I am a Bulgarian citizen. We lived for 18 years in Bulgaria hoping that life will become better but in last year we decided finally to move to Canada.
I have 20 years legal experience and contacted with National Accreditation Committee about possible recognition of my legal credentials in
Canada but obviously it will take a long time. What do you think about some form of requalification , obtaining some profession similar to legal
profession. What do you think to work some law-related job for example online. I think oDesk is very interesting online platform.
Greetings
Alexandar

Dec 24, 2014
Thanks ! Do you know some foreign trained lawyers who try to find a job ?
Process of legal recognition seems to be very long so probably requalification is much better solution ?
At least for the beginning .
Best wishes !
Alexandar

Hei Long

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA 31-07-2015 ecas 21-07-2015 AOR 2 06-08-2015 IP 28-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015 DM 26-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
ALEXANDAR PAVLOV said:
Hello ,
I am new to this forum.I am former public notary from Bulgaria, country with non-common law system. My wife and children are Canadians,
I am a Bulgarian citizen. We lived for 18 years in Bulgaria hoping that life will become better but in last year we decided finally to move to Canada.
I have 20 years legal experience and contacted with National Accreditation Committee about possible recognition of my legal credentials in
Canada but obviously it will take a long time. What do you think about some form of requalification , obtaining some profession similar to legal
profession. What do you think to work some law-related job for example online. I think oDesk is very interesting online platform.
Greetings
Alexandar
Hello Alexandar, any luck with NCA? I just send my diplomas to them about month ago.... Wondering how long it's gonna take and what are the chances to get evaluated? ( got law degrees from Russia and China)

Dec 24, 2014
Hello,
I decided to start legal education here in Canada.The whole process with NCA seems to be very long, expensive. Now I am searching for colleges probably with programs for paralegals or law clerks or legal assistants. Also immigration consultant is very interesting possibiity .There is program in Herzing college in Toronto. Are you from China ? You have law degrees in Russia also ? Impressive !
Regards

Hei Long

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA 31-07-2015 ecas 21-07-2015 AOR 2 06-08-2015 IP 28-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015 DM 26-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
ALEXANDAR PAVLOV said:
Hello,
I decided to start legal education here in Canada.The whole process with NCA seems to be very long, expensive. Now I am searching for colleges probably with programs for paralegals or law clerks or legal assistants. Also immigration consultant is very interesting possibiity .There is program in Herzing college in Toronto. Are you from China ? You have law degrees in Russia also ? Impressive !
Regards
Thanks for reply, no I'm from Russia and have law degrees from Russia and China. Im also looking for legal assistant/clerk jobs now... No luck so far... Have u considered to take a course from university of Toronto for internationally trained lawyers? I also checked immigration consultant - and need a certificate to do so, foreign law consultants have to get an approve each year. And to go for another law degree need previous diplomas, high school certificates evaluation as well....
Please if you don't mind keeps posted if you find some suitable college programs ;) may be we can be classmates lol
Best regards
Helen

Dec 24, 2014
Herzing college in Toronto has online program for immigration consultant. 7 000 dollars fee for the program if I am not wrong.
Do you know some network of foreign trained lawyers