+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Format for Reference letter - Express entry

idk.dr

Jul 24, 2018
Hi.
I want to ask my previous boss to sign me the reference letter. Can I just use a template and write it then send it to him?
What do I need to include?

Also what other forms I need? I don’t have any paycheque or anything like this. I hope the letter is enough

Thanks

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Which is better recent issue date or old issue date for 4 year old experience letter...
Or no date is it ok?
If its your current job than go for a recent date.
For previous jobs if you already have a reference letter as per CIC format than old issue date is fine as well, or if you plan to get a fresh one from previous employer than get it with recent date.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi.
I want to ask my previous boss to sign me the reference letter. Can I just use a template and write it then send it to him?
What do I need to include?

Also what other forms I need? I don’t have any paycheque or anything like this. I hope the letter is enough

Thanks
Most of the companies have their standard templates which they follow. If there isn't one than yes you can share the letter format with him.
You need to include:
Your name, designation, dates worked at that company, number of hours worked, salary and benefits, roles and responsibilities.
Right at the bottom of the letter Name of your Boss, contact number and email followed by signature

If you have these details on company letterhead, than you wont be needing any other document

effybarreto

Aug 6, 2019
Do we need to have this letter in english even if the employer/work was in a spanish speaking country? Or do we need to have it in spanish and then have a translator do the translation?

Thanks

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Do we need to have this letter in english even if the employer/work was in a spanish speaking country? Or do we need to have it in spanish and then have a translator do the translation?

Thanks
Try your best to get it in English, if you cant then translate the spanish one into English and make sure to attach the original reference letter, the translated one and the affadavit from the translator that he has translated the original copy and that he is a certified translator (just ask the translator for the affadavit and they will know)
Good luck

Amacassok

Aug 14, 2019
Hello,

Please this is urgent. Sorry for the long post...
I have a question with regards to my reference letter. I submitted my profile 1st week of July and got ITA in the last week of July. In my profile, I filled that my job role is still ongoing but unfortunately that particular role finished at the end of July but I still work for the same boss in the same organisation. This my boss was the chairman of a committee and he employed me directly to PA for him as a technical assistant based on my professional expertise. Now he relinquished his chairmanship position to the new chairman who was appointed at the end of July meaning my Technical assistant role ended also.

This is the role I am using to claim my NOC which I filled in the profile I submitted. Now my worry is will it be a problem if I filled in my eAPR that this role ended in July which doesn't correspond to what I post in profile as ongoing?

And please how do you advice my reference letter to include, with all this complications....

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hello,

Please this is urgent. Sorry for the long post...
I have a question with regards to my reference letter. I submitted my profile 1st week of July and got ITA in the last week of July. In my profile, I filled that my job role is still ongoing but unfortunately that particular role finished at the end of July but I still work for the same boss in the same organisation. This my boss was the chairman of a committee and he employed me directly to PA for him as a technical assistant based on my professional expertise. Now he relinquished his chairmanship position to the new chairman who was appointed at the end of July meaning my Technical assistant role ended also.

This is the role I am using to claim my NOC which I filled in the profile I submitted. Now my worry is will it be a problem if I filled in my eAPR that this role ended in July which doesn't correspond to what I post in profile as ongoing?

And please how do you advice my reference letter to include, with all this complications....
No issues, please update accordingly in your eAPR

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I am August AOR and with time passing, some questions start to raise in my mind and I am sure the majority of people in here know what I am talking about, anyway I have a question regarding reference letters. I am claiming points for the same NOC for a total of 7 years, 5 years in company A and 2 years in company B, I have made the templates of the reference letter for both companies, with regard of woring hours, annual salary and job duties, the letter are exactly the same as the duties are the same, the only change is the salary and company name of course.

Can this be suspicious? having the exact same letter from different companies? I want to think that it is not but I want to have your thoughts on that

Thanks

Sandra16

Jun 8, 2018
Hi all, one query .

I have worked for 3 yrs in my previous organisation and I have the reference letter from them in the correct format. In my current company, I haveybeen working for 7 months. Should I get any reference letter from my current company, because I'm not claiming any points for that?

harshitagulati03

Nov 10, 2017
Hello all,

I applied for my PR last year November and my company helped me with LMIA so it's for me to get invitation. I got positive LMIA last month and got PR invitation two days ago.
The question is my salary is $19/hr but when my company did LMIA for me the lawyer put $24/hr on offer letter. The truth is I'm getting paid $19/hr.
Now when I got the invitation it's asking me for an employment letter and job offer letter. I'm going to put $19/hr on employment letter because that's what I'm getting paid and it says on my pay stubs too but what about offer letter? What rate should I put and what date should be on the offer letter?
If I tell my company to give offer letter should it be today's date? And I will be getting $24/hr?

Someone please help!

nidss

Sep 28, 2020
Hi guys,
My company wants to issue letter to IRCC directly and not generalize it as "to whomsoever...."
Is that okay? They need name and address of the addressee.

Secondly, many posts say we need to have salary and benefits details on the reference letter. Now with changes in salary every year, is it mandatory to mention all those details ? Can I just add the last drawn annual salary on the reference letter?