+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form IMM 5481 Please help if you can. Thank you!

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
You have to show the 12 months before you submitted the application...

If you're handing in your Application in June 2012 for example.. then show pay from June 2011 - June 2012... Just showing 2011 won't be good enough because how do they know you can't support anyone currently? I handed in the option C printout... but my dates are from Dec 18,2010 - Dec 18, 2011... I have all the pay stubs for that time handed in with my app.. and wrote down my total... There is no exact minimum required to bring your spouse over... just have to show that you can support them. I had parental benefits deposits included in my number (but I showed proof of it too). They asked me to send a recent letter of employment... because the one I handed in was from December... Probably want to make sure I still work there... Probably only asking because they were asking for those other things.. I doubt they would have asked me if it were not for that... they could simply call the company and ask... the phone number is on the paper.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanadaguy said:
I don't get it either... I ended up making that paper 2 times.. on one I wrote "0" and the other i left blank.. i attached a note saying to use which ever one he wants and to shred the other :) So he'll have it any way he wants. I just know that I want this whole Immigration thing to be over and live with my family... I will look back at this website and help answer questions I know the answer to.. so i can help others.. but I hate thinking that someone who is kind of a judge in court will decide whether or not I get to live with my family.. SO I just have to make sure that person is happy by giving them whatever it is they say they need from me. The only reason it's so difficult is because of all the bad people who try to come over to Canada. If everyone was normal, they wouldn't have to use a fine tooth comb to look through every little detail... sadly it is that way.
Well said. This is a very, very personal process for each applicant and yet 'just another task on the to-do list' so to speak for the processor. As you did, it's important to remember the other half of the equation and try to make their lives easier where possible ... and hope that they remember your perspective too. ;)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Well, then, it would seem I might have a bit of a problem. HOWEVER, I supplied the dates for the 12-month period as mentioned (Jan 1, 2011 - Dec 31, 2011) as well as my pay stubs from July 2011 to February 2011.

Will they reject my application or send it back to me just because of this small detail??

Thanks,

FS

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:
Well, then, it would seem I might have a bit of a problem. HOWEVER, I supplied the dates for the 12-month period as mentioned (Jan 1, 2011 - Dec 31, 2011) as well as my pay stubs from July 2011 to February 2011.

Will they reject my application or send it back to me just because of this small detail??

Thanks,

FS
They would likely just ask you for an update - they send back applications when they are incomplete and need reasons to reject it that would stand scrutiny.

Fencesitter - CIC really *is* reasonable. Yes, like any organization, they aren't perfect but there are safeguards against that. Trust in the application you submitted and in the process. At this point, there's nothing you can do - you can't even submit an addendum until step 1 is in process and they reach out because otherwise it will just sit in the queue. Instead of worrying, choose to enjoy the last few months you'll be living in China. Go make memories with your son there and take lots of pictures you can show him when he's older of him enjoying himself with his parents. You'll soon be busy packing and then a long plane ride away by the time you realize it.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Right. Hopefully they just accept it, as the amount for that 12-month period matches the statement from my employer for the 12-month period for 2011. With my January and February pay stubs, they will see I am still employed and my monthly income. The employment letter also shows that I am currently employed with the same company (since 2006). My passport shows my residence visa, which expires in September 2012. I didn't think it was necessary to write an explanatory note for IMM5481...wish I had.

I'm calling CIC this evening just to touch base and get some info...so hopefully I will find concrete answers to my questions.

Thanks for the feedback and good luck!

FS