File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Hello all! I hope you all are doing well.

My wife who has Canadian PR and presently staying in Canada wants to sponsor me. So I am the principal applicant.

While filling out the IMM 5406 form, I am confused about it.

Am I the Applicant is section A? And under spouse or common law partner should I mention my wife?

Besides that, I have only two sisters and my father and mother.

So I will be mentioning my father and mother in section A. And put my sister's information in Section C. As I don't have any children or dependent on me section B should be blank.

Am I going to right direction?

Also in the form, it is mentioned that to write all names in English and local language. Should I write my name, my spouse name, father, mother and sister's name in local language too? Or just my father mother and sister name?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hello all! I hope you all are doing well.

My wife who has Canadian PR and presently staying in Canada wants to sponsor me. So I am the principal applicant.

While filling out the IMM 5406 form, I am confused about it.

Am I the Applicant is section A? And under spouse or common law partner should I mention my wife?

Besides that, I have only two sisters and my father and mother.

So I will be mentioning my father and mother in section A. And put my sister's information in Section C. As I don't have any children or dependent on me section B should be blank.

Am I going to right direction?

Also in the form, it is mentioned that to write all names in English and local language. Should I write my name, my spouse name, father, mother and sister's name in local language too? Or just my father mother and sister name?
Yes you are the applicant in section A. You do mention your spouse/ common law partner under there. Your Father Mother go in Section A too and Sister in Section C. Do not leave anything that’s not relevant to you blank. Cancel it out with a single stroke across and write N/A. You do have to write every one’s name mentioned in the form in their native language. If your wife’s native language is different than yours you write her name in her native language.

Few pointers: Under Marital status, don’t forget to write ‘Physically Present’ after writing married. And in the addresses make sure you write the POSTAL CODE and COUNTRY name too along with the full address. Provide all available email addresses and if for example your parents don’t have one write N/A. Never leave anything blank.

hasanemam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Dhaka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
01-11-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Yes you are the applicant in section A. You do mention your spouse/ common law partner under there. Your Father Mother go in Section A too and Sister in Section C. Do not leave anything that’s not relevant to you blank. Cancel it out with a single stroke across and write N/A. You do have to write every one’s name mentioned in the form in their native language. If your wife’s native language is different than yours you write her name in her native language.

Few pointers: Under Marital status, don’t forget to write ‘Physically Present’ after writing married. And in the addresses make sure you write the POSTAL CODE and COUNTRY name too along with the full address. Provide all available email addresses and if for example your parents don’t have one write N/A. Never leave anything blank.
Does anyone need to sign the form besides me? Or just putting everyone's name in both English and Bangla (in my case) is just fine.

1tintin2

May 16, 2019
hi all....

Follow-up question here :

I am sponsoring my father, and I have 5 siblings. Everyone is above 18 years... do they need to fill up and sign the forms as well?
How about myself, since Im the one sponsoring my father?

Thanks.