+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form filling - Employment, having multiple business... what to write + Covering Letter Mandatory?

roundoff1

Feb 28, 2018
I am filling form for temporary visitor visa to Canada from India and have two questions there:

1] In employment history tab/column, there is one blank space to write Current Activity/Occupation and then below that all column states previous occupations. Now, I am a trader and also have other business so how to write both in current activity as both are totally different & started both businesses at different dates.

Writing just one of them is not possible as I want to mention both to make my application stronger and writing in below column automatically means it was my "Previous" work ! plz guide me...

2] In family information form, the 1st name is Applicant. (That is obviously myself) but next to there is a question - Will accompany you to Canada - Y / N. Now obviously I am applying so I will go to Canada, so how can I accompany myself ! Plz guide me what shall be the answer here....

3] For Indians, Covering Letter OR Letter explain my purpose of visit is necessary as some people say ? In my online document checklist its not mentioned anywhere.... but if required I can attach additionally. Let me know where to attach !!

PS: I have Valid US Tourist Visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1] In employment history tab/column, there is one blank space to write Current Activity/Occupation and then below that all column states previous occupations. Now, I am a trader and also have other business so how to write both in current activity as both are totally different & started both businesses at different dates.
Mention your principal business (the one that generates the most income for you) in the TRV application + include an additional sheet for listing all your other businesses in the same format as for Work/employment.

2] In family information form, the 1st name is Applicant. (That is obviously myself) but next to there is a question - Will accompany you to Canada - Y / N. Now obviously I am applying so I will go to Canada, so how can I accompany myself ! Plz guide me what shall be the answer here...
Answer 'No'

3] For Indians, Covering Letter OR Letter explain my purpose of visit is necessary as some people say ? In my online document checklist its not mentioned anywhere.... but if required I can attach additionally. Let me know where to attach !!
Cover letter = Separate sections for Applicant and Host information + Short overview of your visit/itinerary + Your strong ties to India (separate sub-sections for Family ties, Business ties, Properties and immovable assets, Financial assets, Travel history, etc) + Why you must return to India by XX date, etc. Do include evidence + cross-refer to these evidence.

Purpose of visit = Detailed visit itinerary on a day-by-day basis with expense estimates.... and prove that you can pay for this itinerary + airfare + surplus funds

PS: I have Valid US Tourist Visa.
Mention in the cover letter that you would like to apply under CAN+. Scan your US visa + any previous US entry stamps in the last 10 years and include in the cover letter.

If you apply by paper submission then request VFS staff to mark your application for CAN+ processing

therealboss

Mar 1, 2018
Pls , I applied for visiting visa to Canada, my request was decline
I was told my application does not meet the requirements of the immigration and refugee protection act. That the visa application is refused on the following grounds:
1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history
2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit

It was also started that am welcome to reply I feel that I can respond to the concerns and can demonstrate that situation meet the requirements.
The purpose of my visit to Canada is for a conference.
Pls how do I respond to the following situation
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pls , I applied for visiting visa to Canada, my request was decline
It's not possible to advise without knowing more information about your case:
1. How long did you want to visit?

2. What documents did you submit for attending the conference?

3. Did you apply for a Business TRV or as another category?

4. What reasons can you demonstrate to return to your home country: Employment/business + dependent family + property/land ownership or a rent contract + financial investments, etc

therealboss

Mar 1, 2018
It's not possible to advise without knowing more information about your case:
1. How long did you want to visit?

2. What documents did you submit for attending the conference?

3. Did you apply for a Business TRV or as another category?

4. What reasons can you demonstrate to return to your home country: Employment/business + dependent family + property/land ownership or a rent contract + financial investments, etc

Thanks so much...
1) I applied to stay for just 2 weeks
2) I submitted the conference registration form and hotel bookings
3) I don't understand what the business TRV is and other category should my application falls
(Pls what are the categories a conference can fall into so I won't make mistakes again)
4)I make them understand I have a wife and a child, a job over here, I have parents, no property inclusive or financial investment

roundoff1

Feb 28, 2018
therealboss - Have Hijacked my Thread. I am mentioning this as folks might believe I have posted this as an OP.
Plz open your different thread ^

roundoff1

Feb 28, 2018
Thank you all:

TRV applied - March 1
Approved - March 6

Have not Submitted/provided a single financial document OR Covering Letter.
Submitting passport tomms :)

Let me answer my own questions above:

1] I have mentioned both business in 2 lines in the form, without attaching any separate paper.
2] The Answer is "YES" !
3] As above stated - Not attached.