+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FORM 5257B SCHEDULE 1 UPLOAD ERROR

reign05

Apr 5, 2013
I wrote in the Letter of Explanation about the technical problem. I attached the e-mail sent by the Technical Department and screencap of the error. Then I printed, scan and then signed the Schedule 1 in Client information. CIC have a quick positive reply. I have my passport requested.

mnida

Jan 7, 2016
Hi, where did you find the link to sign and pay? I removed the 5727 form but still I only see "Exit Questionaire" at the bottom. Nowhere to find "Pay" or "Sign". Thanks!
The moment I deleted the form my next button got activated. May be check with your other files if they are completed or not.

huniu110

Mar 8, 2018
I have the same problem. I am sure it is the latest version (02-2018) because it was downloaded from the checklist. I finished, validated successfully and saved. Put after upload, the same error message:

Error: We couldn't upload your file.
  • Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted
I tried to use different browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and none worked. I cleaned the cookies and restarted computer, don't work.

Can someone from the technique team stand up to explain this??? I have wasted one day on this.

JazzPaul

Mar 8, 2018
Hello Sir/Madam , I m going to apply business visa to Canada when i upload imm5257B scheduled 1, I have difficulties and getting error, Please advise me should i have to upload form or its optional.
Thanks

Upload a file

The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
  • Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted
Any solution please

tedfxie

Mar 7, 2018
The moment I deleted the form my next button got activated. May be check with your other files if they are completed or not.
I uploaded all the required docs and deleted all the optional forms... magically, no "Next" appeared... I am so annoyed...Should it be to the right of "Exit Questionaire"? Thanks!

mnida

Jan 7, 2016
I uploaded all the required docs and deleted all the optional forms... magically, no "Next" appeared... I am so annoyed...Should it be to the right of "Exit Questionaire"? Thanks!
Thats weird! Yes try to exit and check or relogin and try again

olimpiabumolo

Jul 13, 2018
I resolved this error.

What I did is I download a new copy of the form. Answered it again all over. Then Validate it. Make sure to click it only once. Then save.
Uploaded it again and it worked! Hope that will also works for you guys.

soudabuhanak

Nov 15, 2018
****SOLUTION FOR THIS ERROR****
No.1 - you should upload the application form as it(don't print it and sign on it and then scan it then attache it) that not working, you have to download the application form then fill it, once you done you have to press VALIDATE if there is wrong the form will show you where is the wrong and u have to fill that correctly, if every things good the form will said okay your form successfully complete then you save the form after that upload it.

No. 2 - the PDF form or DEC or what ever form you want to attached should be less than 4MB, if your file bigger you should reduce the size, HOW
open this link easily and attache your pdf file to be less that 4MB
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

No. 3 - digital photo The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 KB

No. 4 - don't upload the family information form before the main application form ( that won't go) - follow the check list one by one
APPLICATION FORM
Travel History
Passport
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Proof of upfront medical exam
Digital photo
Purpose of Travel
Family Information

thank you and good luck
Soud

Reactions: rous0ng

suvi918

Feb 16, 2021
I filled the form as required and validated is ok. When i want to upload it returns this error
Upload a file

The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Any solution please.
So in my experience and research which went on for 3-4 days, I came to the understanding that form IMM5257b_1 does not generate bar code. Also this form, though optional for my case, created a hell lot of issues when i tried to upload it. Even though i uploaded the electronic version it still showed the error that " you have uploaded an invalid form". It also mentioned that we cannot scan and upload should the electronic submission fails. What worked for me is the following (following the steps to the T).
1. Downloaded the form from this link : https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257b_1.pdf?
2. Opened this downloaded form on Acrobat Adobe Reader DC on my Mac.
3. Filled everything absolutely correctly and with the correct format, and deleted any extra blank rows (for my travel history i had added extra rows).
4. Hit VALIDATE ONLY ONCE. Dont hit validate every time you make a change, if you hit validate more than once, scratch that form and start all over from step 1.
5. After validating (no bar code generated) I didn't save the file using command save, instead clicked on the exit button of that pdf tab (the little "x" on top of the pdf tab), it asked me if I wanted to save the file and I clicked save there.

I dont know which of these steps made the difference but after such a long search and being completely frustrated I dont really care to know what went wrong as long as I was able to upload the file successfuly. Should the IRCC reject it, I will update it here.

monadk

Apr 16, 2023
I had the same problem, but I managed to work around the bug.
I was using Foxit PDF Editor, but it did not work for me. I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader and it works on first attempt.
Not Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Foxit works for other immigration forms, but not this one.

rous0ng

Feb 26, 2021
Thank you, my friend. You saved my day!

****SOLUTION FOR THIS ERROR****
No.1 - you should upload the application form as it(don't print it and sign on it and then scan it then attache it) that not working, you have to download the application form then fill it, once you done you have to press VALIDATE if there is wrong the form will show you where is the wrong and u have to fill that correctly, if every things good the form will said okay your form successfully complete then you save the form after that upload it.

No. 2 - the PDF form or DEC or what ever form you want to attached should be less than 4MB, if your file bigger you should reduce the size, HOW
open this link easily and attache your pdf file to be less that 4MB
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

No. 3 - digital photo The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 KB

No. 4 - don't upload the family information form before the main application form ( that won't go) - follow the check list one by one
APPLICATION FORM
Travel History
Passport
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Proof of upfront medical exam
Digital photo
Purpose of Travel
Family Information

thank you and good luck
Soud