+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to update student visa rejection in Schedule A for spousal visa application

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hello,

I have applied for spousal visa (PR) for my wife in June 2020. I applied for the GCMS notes and found the following

"Referred to officer File # XXXXXX , Foss checked for PA - Applicant was refused student visa in 2014"

I realized that in Schedule A (Question 4D), there is a question for previous visa and we answered it as NO (since student visa was not explicity mentioned)

"been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (CSQ or PNP) or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country"

Can anyone please confirm, if that question has to be answered as Yes? Also, do I need to take any action (submit web-form and explain)?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have applied for spousal visa (PR) for my wife in June 2020. I applied for the GCMS notes and found the following

"Referred to officer File # XXXXXX , Foss checked for PA - Applicant was refused student visa in 2014"

I realized that in Schedule A (Question 4D), there is a question for previous visa and we answered it as NO (since student visa was not explicity mentioned)

"been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (CSQ or PNP) or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or any other country"

Can anyone please confirm, if that question has to be answered as Yes? Also, do I need to take any action (submit web-form and explain)?

Thanks
You answered the question incorrectly. The response should have been yes.

This is a serious issue. You need to submit a case specific inquiry ASAP to correct this error. IRCC is most likely in the process of preparing a PFL. Submit this today. Do not wait.

Reactions: esam99 and YVR123

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
You answered the question incorrectly. The response should have been yes.

This is a serious issue. You need to submit a case specific inquiry ASAP to correct this error. IRCC is most likely in the process of preparing a PFL. Submit this today. Do not wait.
Thanks scylla