+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to submit biometrics fee after dec 3rd

CanucksSL

Jun 7, 2019
Hey there, I submitted my application Jan 3rd, but did not see that as of December 3rd, inland applicants must also submit biometrics. We did submit the fee online via webform & just hoping that would be good. Just hoping they don’t return the entire package.
Has anyone else done this with missed payments and it’s been ok?

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
You can submit the biometric fee later, they should not return the package just because of missing payment for biometric

CanucksSL

Jun 7, 2019
Thank you! I hope so. It’s just a new thing as of December 3rd, and I know on the guideline it says application will be returned if missing fees and signatures etc. But crossing my fingers it will be ok! As biometrics is often done a bit later in the application process

ts19

Nov 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my family parents and grandparents PR this month but forgot to pay the biometrics fees as I was under an impression that they don't need it because they had their biometrics done back in 2021 for Canadian visitor visa which are still valid till 2031. When I am reading further on their portal, they have mentioned that regardless if your biometrics are still valid, you still need to give them when applying for PR. I am stressing out now- what shall I do in this case- if there is any way to pay that fees? They won't return my application and just want to ensure that they ask for fees. Please if someone can confirm, would be really great.

Paquein

Oct 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JUN-16
Doc's Request.
02-DEC-16
Nomination.....
20-MAY-16
AOR Received.
11-SEP-16
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-DEC-16
Med's Done....
23-DEC-16
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
23-FEB-17
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my family parents and grandparents PR this month but forgot to pay the biometrics fees as I was under an impression that they don't need it because they had their biometrics done back in 2021 for Canadian visitor visa which are still valid till 2031. When I am reading further on their portal, they have mentioned that regardless if your biometrics are still valid, you still need to give them when applying for PR. I am stressing out now- what shall I do in this case- if there is any way to pay that fees? They won't return my application and just want to ensure that they ask for fees. Please if someone can confirm, would be really great.
Hey I’m on the same boat, did you figure out an answer for this?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey I’m on the same boat, did you figure out an answer for this?
You can pay the fee and submit the receipt by webform. They will send you a note to pay for the biometrics fee in due course anyway. It may create minor delay either way but not that serious a one.

KClaire

Dec 4, 2023
Anyone have experience with how long the delay may be?

We paid the biometrics fee when we received a request for payment. We subsequently got AOR, SA and the medical request. No sign of the biometrics request yet, but it hasn't been long. It's just nice to know what to expect.

whyirccsoslow

Sep 17, 2023
@KClaire When did you receive your BIL?

We also forgot to pay the biometrics fee. Submitted PNP paper based app on Nov 5th, 2023. I caught my error shortly after applying and paid the fee on Nov 6th and sent a webform. I received the AOR on February 8th, 2024. However, I have not received any BIL yet. With my AOR, they asked me to submit the receipt again and I did on Februrary 8th. Since then, there has been no update.

KClaire

Dec 4, 2023
@KClaire When did you receive your BIL?

We also forgot to pay the biometrics fee. Submitted PNP paper based app on Nov 5th, 2023. I caught my error shortly after applying and paid the fee on Nov 6th and sent a webform. I received the AOR on February 8th, 2024. However, I have not received any BIL yet. With my AOR, they asked me to submit the receipt again and I did on Februrary 8th. Since then, there has been no update.
We received the request to pay the fee on Nov 21, AOR on Nov 22, medical on Nov 28, and BIL on Dec 7.

Reactions: whyirccsoslow