+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to sign passports

poochlaya

Aug 6, 2008
I have mailed our passports for visa stamping to Buffalo today, and then realized that both me and my husband forgot to sign them! Does anyone know what might happen? Will they return them?
I feel so stupid messing it up at the last stage after such a long wait..
Anyone?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you mean by sign ? sorry but i couldnt understand about signing passport. If you can explain, some one else may have some idea about your question.

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
Did you keep copy of PRF form? If yes. Just signature on copy of PRF form you have and send to Buffalo, NY along with covering letter explaining them about your additional submission.

All The Best

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
poochlaya said:
I have mailed our passports for visa stamping to Buffalo today, and then realized that both me and my husband forgot to sign them! Does anyone know what might happen? Will they return them?
Anyone?
What do you mean by signing passports?

A

adnan_hsn

poochlaya said:
By signing I mean signatures on passports. Is it a big deal?
Yes, it is a big deal when other forum members dont know what you are on about.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Some countries require you to sign your passport yourself , for instance the new American passport requires a signature on the signature page. I assume this applies to your country too . it should not be a problem though, it is the validity of the passport that is most important. the benefits of signing reduces the likelihood that if your passport gets stolen, it is more difficult to use for verification purposes.

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
6 July REALY HOT CANADIAN DAY
LANDED..........
Happily ever after ............
I didn't get any message from you that says you got your visa
Did something go wrong? Did the signature caused you any delays?

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
poochlaya said:
Anyone?
passports are considered invalid until signed. Tht is for sure. U better send case specific enquiry immediatly explaining the mistake or u can also state to sign passports if collecting personally. It might be allowed by vo.

noman

Jun 13, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111 and 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2004
Doc's Request.
08/07/2011
AOR Received.
sep 2004
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Pk09 said:
passports are considered invalid until signed. Tht is for sure. U better send case specific enquiry immediatly explaining the mistake or u can also state to sign passports if collecting personally. It might be allowed by vo.
It happened to me with my children passport. They are 7 and 3 years old. At the place of thumb impression , it was blank. When i called a person from where I gave passports,he said to put impressions of children by myself. I still left that place blank.
noman