Shaulib

Jan 10, 2018
Israel
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Hello everyone!
Today was an exciting day, as I sent our sponsorship application out.

Now I have just noticed that my wife needed to sign in hand writing in additional to the electronic signature for IMM 5669 - Schedule A form.

We sent this form without the handwriting signature.
How bad is this?
Can the application be declined all together?
Can they ask for it to be sent again individually or uploaded it digitally later on?

I'm so upset with myself I missed this.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
It will probably depend on the officer who picks up your file to check for completeness. If nothing else is wrong with the application and everything else is there, you may get a request to submit a new Schedule A. However, the application might get returned too. You'll know in a few weeks, sadly.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone!

Now I have just noticed that my wife needed to sign in hand writing in additional to the electronic signature for IMM 5669 - Schedule A form.

How bad is this?
Can they ask for it to be sent again individually or uploaded it digitally later on?

Missing signatures generally result in a returned app. It's possible that they will just request an updated form but you will have to wait and see.

Reactions: Hurlabrick

amar dhillon

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hello everyone!

How bad is this?

Hello ,i did same mistake,so did they ask to resubmitted Schedule A form or return your application?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello everyone!

How bad is this?

In general if they spot this on the initial completeness check, they will return the complete pack unprocessed.

Reactions: scylla

myself&her

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Sad to tell you this but your application will be returned just like mine. I had the same case and got returned yesterday after waiting for 45 days.

Shaulib

Jan 10, 2018
Israel
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
So, I just wanted to updated that my application was never returned and was actually accepted. We are landing in the end of the month

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Hello everyone!

How bad is this?

This is a very usual mistake that people do and unfortunately your whole application shall be returned.
The signature requirement however is mentioned in the Document Checklist on the last page.

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
This is a very usual mistake that people do and unfortunately your whole application shall be returned.
The signature requirement however is mentioned in the Document Checklist on the last page.
Lol i guess you missed his/her next post

BigCrunch

Apr 24, 2019
Having read this, I'm now doubting myself - did I only digitally sign it, or did I also manually sign it. (I have copies of all my completed forms, but prior to printing and signing). I checked the signature checklist at the end of 5533, so I probably did.

However, on the slim chance I didn't - would it be flagged/returned before they ask for things like medicals, SA and transferred to Mississauga (all happened over a month ago), or could it be rejected at any stage?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hello everyone!

How bad is this?

Try to contact the courier company and have the package sent back to you, this might save you a lot of time. They will probably send your application back and you will waste 2 months... You always have to expect for the worst in these situation, don't assume that the officer will not make a deal out of it, CIC are picky.

LOL, I just realized that this thread is from 2018;) hehehe... I guess I was wrong and that is good news... You have never signed the form but was still accepted. I've read in the forums some people got their applications returned because of signature mistakes, I guess you got a good officer;)

Last edited:

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Having read this, I'm now doubting myself - did I only digitally sign it, or did I also manually sign it. (I have copies of all my completed forms, but prior to printing and signing). I checked the signature checklist at the end of 5533, so I probably did.

However, on the slim chance I didn't - would it be flagged/returned before they ask for things like medicals, SA and transferred to Mississauga (all happened over a month ago), or could it be rejected at any stage?
You get your AOR once they have confirmed that everything is complete. So if you've done medicals etc then you're fine