+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention US visa refusals in PR application - Help :(

atmosphere99

Nov 27, 2014
Dear Canadavisa forum,

I recently submitted a PR application for my spouse two days ago who has been here for a year so far on a student visa.
My spouse had previously been refused visa in Canada on multiple occasions for purpose (she had mentioned me on visitor/study applications) and for funds (she didn't provide proof of enough funds).
After she finally got here, we tried to go to the US on two occasions to visit my family and had both visas refused for last of ties to Canada.

Anyways, we just realized last night that we did not provide the information about the US visa refusals on the application. I spoke with a CIC call centre agent and they said that since it was only a couple of days ago that if I send a letter with a cover letter explaining the omission that I should be fine since I was upfront with the error.
Does this seem an accurate or realistic approach? Or should I just withdraw the application and resubmit the whole thing? We're worried sick about getting into trouble over this.

Thank you very much for any advice on this.
Kind regards,
Atmosphere

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
Yeah best you can do is correct the information on the forms with cover letter . If you do it as soon as possible it is not gonna be misrepresentation. I had similar situation like yours mine was just dates tho. they didnt take your application in process looks like it is best you can do .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Send a Case Specific Enquiry ASAP. Once you have AOR, send in an updated copy of the form.