+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

forgot to mention the previous visa refusal!

michelle0131

Apr 11, 2019
hi, folks, m going to extend my study permit and I just found the question in the form ask about the previous visa refusal. I have two Australian refusals before and I think my agent forgot to provide those refusals in my previous student visa application, what should I do now? do I need to write an explanation letter to the office or just add the refusals into the new form without any explanation?
m so worried and please help. many thanks.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
hi, folks, m going to extend my study permit and I just found the question in the form ask about the previous visa refusal. I have two Australian refusals before and I think my agent forgot to provide those refusals in my previous student visa application, what should I do now? do I need to write an explanation letter to the office or just add the refusals into the new form without any explanation?
Use web form and also send an explanation letter without delay

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You received your previous visa on the basis of misrepresentation since one refused visa is a significant fact, leave alone two.

It doesn't matter whose fault it was. You alone are responsible for your application.

I think all you can do now is write a letter explaining what happened and hope for the best. In your letter, make sure you don't blame the agent - that will be the wrong strategy. Take responsibility, point out that you have not in any way abused the terms of the granted study permit, and you are a genuine student.

Unfortunately there's not much else to say here.

Good luck.

michelle0131

Apr 11, 2019
You received your previous visa on the basis of misrepresentation since one refused visa is a significant fact, leave alone two.

It doesn't matter whose fault it was. You alone are responsible for your application.

I think all you can do now is write a letter explaining what happened and hope for the best. In your letter, make sure you don't blame the agent - that will be the wrong strategy. Take responsibility, point out that you have not in any way abused the terms of the granted study permit, and you are a genuine student.

Good luck.

Good luck.
many thanks. will i get ban for five yrs because of previous misrepresentstion

unique_eb

Jan 23, 2020
Hey! Any luck on your application? Best wishes :)

rk78

Nov 20, 2020
Hey all, my france student visa was rejected in 2018. I am applying for study permit in canada. Do canada & france share visa denial information and should I mention visa denial in form or play safe? Plz i request answer for both questions.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hey all, my france student visa was rejected in 2018. I am applying for study permit in canada. Do canada & france share visa denial information and should I mention visa denial in form or play safe? Plz i request answer for both questions.
Be true and tell everything exactly like it is. Or you will face a ban of 5 years with misrepresentation! This is serious matter. Dont hide anything, any refusals etc.!

Reactions: rk78

rk78

Nov 20, 2020
Thnks for that. But they share visa information between usa and canada only or schengen countries like france are also included.

Reactions: Poornalakshmi

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Thnks for that. But they share visa information between usa and canada only or schengen countries like france are also included.
Canada, USA, UK, Australia, NZ. But that doesn't give you the reason to not mention French visa refusal. It's up to you if you want to risk for 5 year ban!

Hawes

Dec 29, 2021
Hello Michelle
Hello :( I am in the same situation, any updates? Did you put out a web form or letter of explanation? How did it go?

Hawes

Dec 29, 2021
I haven’t yet. I am planning to tell CIC what happened before they contact me. Are you in the same situation?

Hawes

Dec 29, 2021
Did you receive a procedural fairness letter?
Hello, I applied for study permit and got accepted. Due to covid, I couldn’t go to my agents office when they were filling out my form, since they are professionals in this matter, I let them handle my application.

After I came to Canada and completed my studies, I am now looking to extend my study permit. I saw a question about previous visa refusal. I had a US student visa refusal in 2015 but my agents hadn’t asked me about this in my initial application. I didn’t know they asked this question until I was filling out the study permit extension form. I asked my agents to send me what they wrote in my previous application and they had just mentioned no instead of contacting me and asking me about refusals.

Since I am applying for an extension should I write about the situation in my letter of explanation and submit the study permit extension application or should I also raise a web form regarding this matter? I am really worried about this, please help