+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention small trip to Saudi

Ninjashadow

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Hello,

I filed my Citizenship app and I realized i forgot to mention 8 days trip to Saudi from India.

Note: I went on vacation from Canada to India for 45 days and mentioned these days in calculator, took a small trip to Saudi from India.

Would this create a problem?As I have been reading threads (Interviewer may tally passport stamps with mentioned entry exits stamps).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello,

I filed my Citizenship app and I realized i forgot to mention 8 days trip to Saudi from India.

Note: I went on vacation from Canada to India for 45 days and mentioned these days in calculator, took a small trip to Saudi from India.

Would this create a problem?As I have been reading threads (Interviewer may tally passport stamps with mentioned entry exits stamps).
If I understand you correctly, you didn't make a mistake with the number of days absent from Canada, you just forgot to mention that during that trip to India, you also went to SA.

That is not a big deal, however I would suggest that once you received AOR, you submit a CSE to let them know. Be very careful to make clear in the web form that there is NO mistake in the number of days absent, just that one destination wasn't mentioned.

Reactions: Ninjashadow

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Interviewer may tally passport stamps with mentioned entry exits stamps
Not 'may' s/he "will".

As @spyfy correctly opined - it's not that big of a deal. Just update CPC after your AOR. I'd also add that even if those 8 days of KSA were beyond the 45 days of India ~ still update your CPC by submitting a new Physical Presence Calculator with a letter explaining the oversight.

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
When filling physical presence calculator, as per instructions, if you visited more than one country, write the last destination in the To country and mention other countries in the notes.

Just send a webform immediately after getting AOR. You'll be fine.

When it comes to Immigration, it's better to provide all the information.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
It’s my personal opinion:
If I were you , I will withdraw the application, then re apply.
People generally get their citizenship very easily even when they forget a complete trip (not the case here) if clearly above the 1095 threshold.
OP will be fine.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
This is why it’s advisable, for those who travel even a few times, to have several physical presence days as a buffer. Sometimes waiting couple months after eligibility to apply could save you all kinds of eventual headaches.

Ninjashadow

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Thank You for all your valuable comments.

Passport copy - ( I have sent all stamps pages of passport ) Includes Saudi Arabia visa with entry and exit stamps from india.