+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Tina2211

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
My spouse's student visa got rejected in 2002 and there is a stamp on his old passport about it. He has got his passport renewed after that twice. Also, he doesn't remember the reason of rejection as it has been above 15 years now. Shall i mention about this rejection while filling profile? Is it a good idea to not include it as so many years have passed? If I include this detail, will it complicate things as rejection reason is unknown?
Please advise on this. What to fill in reason for rejection while filling application in this case?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Please advise on this. What to fill in reason for rejection while filling application in this case?
Whatever reason was given by the country that rejected your visa....

Tina2211

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Whatever reason was given by the country that rejected your visa....
Rejection letter was taken by agent and he never returned....my spouse doesn't remember the reason now as it is 15 years back when visa was rejected... So I am asking what to mention

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Rejection letter was taken by agent and he never returned....my spouse doesn't remember the reason now as it is 15 years back when visa was rejected... So I am asking what to mention
no need to right reason .. i didnt either. The main thing is u should disclose the info and not hide anything but you cant hide what you dont know so just be honest! i didnt disclose the reason either because they didnt give me any reason when my visa got rejected so just leave it blank.

Reactions: Tina2211

Tina2211

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
no need to right reason .. i didnt either. The main thing is u should disclose the info and not hide anything but you cant hide what you dont know so just be honest! i didnt disclose the reason either because they didnt give me any reason when my visa got rejected so just leave it blank.
Thank you :)

Amrit Gill

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
hi guys
I have canada visitor visa refusal in last year and now applied for work permit but I realize my agent put wrong work experience dates in my visitor visa application. Does it affects my current application.

JPurba

Jan 22, 2018
Bangalore
Hi @metabug @gitu and @Pjoshi2789

Has anybody of you received PPR by now ? I am in the same situation and want to know what happened to your case ? I have submitted CSE and waiting for IRCC's reply. your response will help us to understand what happens after CSE.

Thanks

metabug

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi @metabug @gitu and @Pjoshi2789

Has anybody of you received PPR by now ? I am in the same situation and want to know what happened to your case ? I have submitted CSE and waiting for IRCC's reply. your response will help us to understand what happens after CSE.

Thanks
Hi,
I'm already in Canada since last month :)
You'll receive reply from them in 2-4 weeks saying that they've noted down the information.
All the best!

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
Not to worry. As long as you have informed them about the error it wont be an issue. Some officers overlook these errors if the rejection reason was not related to anything serious.

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
At this stage your application will be at CIO. So just raise a CSE and explain that your inadvertently forgot to mention the visa refusal when submitting your application.

Prior visa refusals have no consequence on the decision of the PR application, unless the visa refusal was due to fraud, misrepresentation or a serious immigration violation.

Mentioning the prior rejections does speed up your BGC. Many applicants forget to mention prior refusals, and then they will later receive ADRs.

Ne need to worry, just raise a CSE and explain, and if you have the refusal letter, send that too.
Just want to say thank you for your comment. It eases my life immediately. On Jan 15, 2019 I applied visa to USA from Canada and I got rejected. On Jan 20, 2019 when I submitted the application, I completely forgot about this incident and didn't declare this visa refusal. Part of the reason is because I had filled up this application somewhere at the end of December 2018 and checked it so many time so on Jan 20 I kinda skipped it... Now I have to pay for the price. I called CIC, email cpc ottawa (since I am a FSW inland) and send CSE. Now I only can wait and see.

Boss_s

Jan 30, 2019
Hello folks,
I'm totally streesed out at this point of time and need your genuine guidance.
I have submitted my pr application and my eAPR is 13th June.
However, today I just realized a grave mistake of not mentioning my spouse's UK previous travel visa rejection (in 2014) as we both totally forgot about it. My spouse is indicated as non accompanying.
I understand that this is a serious matter and can lead to rejection and a ban.:(
Now I'm thinking of raising a CSE and explain everything and also provide rejection letter.
What else should I do in this case? Has anyone gone thru this?
I'd appreciate response from senior members like @legalfalcon
Thanks
Hey man im in same stage at you was did you got your visa after telling them