+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon Hi We are not yet in Canada is there any circumstances that they might revoke our visa? Do we need to send it now or can we send it when we arrive in Canada, the thing is everything is already booked including our flight ticket and we are arriving within 3 weeks, pls let us know what will be done.
Hi there,

I understand that you are concerned about your visa being revoked. There are a few circumstances under which your visa could be revoked, but these are relatively rare.

The most common reason for a visa to be revoked is if the applicant provides false or misleading information on their visa application. This could include providing false information about their criminal history, their employment status, or their financial situation.

Another reason for a visa to be revoked is if the applicant changes their circumstances after they have been granted a visa. For example, if the applicant gets married or has a child after they have been granted a visa, they may need to apply for a new visa.

Finally, a visa can be revoked if the applicant commits a crime or engages in any other activity that makes them inadmissible to Canada.

In your case, since you have already booked your flight ticket and you are arriving within 3 weeks, it is best to send your visa application as soon as possible. This will give you the best chance of having your visa approved before you arrive in Canada.

If your visa is not approved before you arrive in Canada, you will need to apply for a visitor visa at the port of entry. This is a more complicated process, so it is best to avoid it if possible.

I hope this information is helpful.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi!
The refusal stamp is in my old passport last 2017 and after 6months we reapplied and granted a visa and entered Japan eventually as a tourist. We are so stressed right now.!
Hi there,

I understand that you are stressed about the refusal stamp in your old passport. However, I can assure you that it is not a major issue. The refusal stamp is simply a record of your previous application, and it does not necessarily mean that you will be refused a visa again.

The most important thing is to provide the visa officer with all of the relevant information, including the reason for your previous refusal. If you can explain why you were refused and why your circumstances have changed since then, the visa officer will be more likely to grant you a visa.

I would also recommend that you bring your old passport with you to your visa interview. This will allow the visa officer to see that you have been granted a visa in the past, and it will also show that you are serious about your travel plans.

I hope this information is helpful.

SonicTails

Jul 19, 2023
Thank you for your response,

I already send the LOE explaining everything, We already received an automatic acknowledgement, I just want to know are they going to reply once they amended and updated our records.

Thank you!

Vinoth95

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Hello friends we recently submitted spousal sponsorship for me . In that while providing travel history of my spouse(my sponsor ) I forgot to include 2 is trips taken last year . All other is trips were mentioned. I will raise a webform but is there any risk of misrepresentation ? Have you heard
Hi I am in a similar situation. I forgot to mention a trip that I took. Can you tell me what happened to your application? Thanks

canadaasp1

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
Hi All,

Need an advice. This year beginning I got an NOI in my express entry profile from Alberta under jobs in demand and family connection stream. No where in our profile we had mentioned that we have an immediate relative in Alberta. Since we got the NOI, we applied for the PNP and later it got rejected since we don't have an immediate relative. Recently my wife got nomination from Alberta under accelerated tech pathway and got ITA to apply for PR. While answering the statutory questions, what should be my wife's answer to question have you ever been refused any PNP application. She too was included in my application. Will it be okay if I alone answer to the question as yes.

Also, what would be the best way to justify this rejection. Are they going to consider my PNP rejection as rejection due to misrepresentation.

Please share your valuable insights.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Need an advice. This year beginning I got an NOI in my express entry profile from Alberta under jobs in demand and family connection stream. No where in our profile we had mentioned that we have an immediate relative in Alberta. Since we got the NOI, we applied for the PNP and later it got rejected since we don't have an immediate relative. Recently my wife got nomination from Alberta under accelerated tech pathway and got ITA to apply for PR. While answering the statutory questions, what should be my wife's answer to question have you ever been refused any PNP application. She too was included in my application. Will it be okay if I alone answer to the question as yes.

Also, what would be the best way to justify this rejection. Are they going to consider my PNP rejection as rejection due to misrepresentation.

Please share your valuable insights.
You both need to answer yes. She was part of your application and was refused as well. I would give a simple answer and say something around not meeting the program requirements or having insufficient points or applied under the wrong stream.

canadaasp1

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
You both need to answer yes. She was part of your application and was refused as well. I would give a simple answer and say something around not meeting the program requirements or having insufficient points or applied under the wrong stream.
Thank you Scylla. Will do so. Is this prior rejection going to affect us adversely. Do you think this could be a reason for rejecting a PR application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Scylla. Will do so. Is this prior rejection going to affect us adversely. Do you think this could be a reason for rejecting a PR application?
It won't be an issues as long as you're truthful and disclose everything.

Reactions: canadaasp1

Jaspreet5656

Apr 10, 2017
Hey everyone applied for pgp application in dec2022 got request for additional document in april and also got aor in april after that nothing. Yesterday i was going through the details of file once again i realized that i didn’t mention my mother’s previous refusal from 2016 to canada when i invited her for my convocation. She was approved afterwards and visited canada twice. Now should i send a updated form to ircc and ask then to consider this new form. How can i find out if they are working on their file and assigned a officer to it yet. Anything will help really stressed out.

jsprt

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
@legalfalcon can you please help
guys i am in same boat.
my schengen tourist visa was refused and it was not disclosed by my agent during my study permit application and then i just followed that by answering no every time (study permit extension,work permit) and now in cec too.
i submitted on 4th of sep 2021 please tell me what should i do?
how to raise a web form and also what explanation you guys gave n that please reply

MEETASHU

Nov 27, 2021
IRCC have asked me for new schedule A form to be filled , while filling the form I realized that previously I forgot to mention about my use visitor visa rejection , can I mention now would there be any problem please guide

Thanks

MEETASHU

Nov 27, 2021
My case is same I forgot to mention my usa visa refusal can you please guide what i can do ? My AOR was already recieved in march.

Hello folks,
I'm totally streesed out at this point of time and need your genuine guidance.
I have submitted my pr application and my eAPR is 13th June.
However, today I just realized a grave mistake of not mentioning my spouse's UK previous travel visa rejection (in 2014) as we both totally forgot about it. My spouse is indicated as non accompanying.
I understand that this is a serious matter and can lead to rejection and a ban.:(
Now I'm thinking of raising a CSE and explain everything and also provide rejection letter.
What else should I do in this case? Has anyone gone thru this?
I'd appreciate response from senior members like @legalfalcon
Thanks

Asim123

Jan 3, 2024
Dear All,

I am very confused now as I have received my provincial nomination and so 600 points added to my express enrry profile. And also I have received ITA too on 18th December. My problem is my spouse had been refused from Qubec nomination in 1999 before our marriage. And I answered 'No' to question "Have you or anyone including in this application ever refused to entry or visa to Canada". My husband had completely forgot while we were filling Provinicial nomination application but now in our final eAPR we aee willing to disclose this refusal to avoid misrepresntation. But problem is if we disclose it now in eAPR that would be inconsistant to our provincial nomination application. What should I do now? Should I let the province know about this mistake or shall I just disclose only in eAPR application. If let the province know now whould it be any negative impact on my application? Please please advise I am very much stressed at the moment

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
Hi All,

I am working on a LoE to submit a web form for a US visa refusal that I forgot to include in my recent PR application.
I had two Canadian study permits refused in the past and got it approved on the third attempt. Also, I had a US visitor visa denied in 2013, and was later approved in 2017, since then I traveled to USA multiple times with no issues.

From the statutory questions in PR online form.
  1. Have You been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
  2. Have You ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
My answers were No and Yes disclosing details of Canadian past visa refusals only but completely forgot to disclose US visa, neither in past IRCC applications (study permit, work permit, and TRV) that were all approved.

My question to the expert community, hoping for guidance on how to properly elaborate LoE.

In the LoE, should I request to add the US visa refusal as part of the details already provided in the affirmative answer for question 2?

Or should I ask them to completely change my answer from No to Yes in question 1 and provide details of US visitor visa refusal only?

Or should I just simply take a general approach and request to update my application by adding a past US visitor visa refusal to the Canadian past visa refusals already provided? But without mentioning question 1 or 2.

What would be the best approach here? @legalfalcon I would highly appreciate your input sir.

Thank you!