+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Harpal315

Apr 13, 2021
I’m in the same situation, I had US visa rejection in 2004 and totally forgot about it. I did not disclosed this in my student visa and pgwp.
Now I will be submitting our PR application and just want to know how I will correct this unintentional mistake. Thank you
Please update, what you ended up doing. Thanks

Harpal315

Apr 13, 2021
Hello everyone, i forgot to mention my prior visa refusal for Australia in 2011. Current siyis i have my pnp non ee file in processing and i am on the stage of Background check . What should i do . I am really confused and stressed . Please suggest me some solutions.

thank you
Hi please update what you ended up doing? Thanks

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
At this stage you application might not have been sent to the VO. So just the a CSE is fine.
Hello legalfalcon,

I had applied for my TRV after Work permit after study. I was in Canada and got work permit at border. Because of emergency, I had to visit India. I had applied for TRV sticker, and forgot to mention USA refusal. Then, I raised a webform, but after it, I got PFL, then I justified everything with dates and mentioned about USA refusal and added screenshot of webform. But, at last they banned for 5 years. Do you think I should put a reconsideration request or appeal! What do you think. Am I right here as I already told them as a truth that I had refusal, do you think they will give me visa or should I wait. I just wanna. Know what do you think is the best option at this time. Moreover, one more question whatever you suggest me, this is my second question after that is it possible to appeal while asking them that I wanna do appeal in Canada and ask to go there?

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
At this stage you application might not have been sent to the VO. So just the a CSE is fine.
Hello legalfalcon,

I had applied for my TRV after Work permit after study. I was in Canada and got work permit at border. Because of emergency, I had to visit India. I had applied for TRV sticker, and forgot to mention USA refusal. Then, I raised a webform, but after it, I got PFL, then I justified everything with dates and mentioned about USA refusal and added screenshot of webform. But, at last they banned for 5 years. Do you think I should put a reconsideration request or appeal! What do you think. Am I right here as I already told them as a truth that I had refusal, do you think they will give me visa or should I wait. I just wanna. Know what do you think is the best option at this time. Moreover, one more question whatever you suggest me, this is my second question after that is it possible to appeal while asking them that I wanna do appeal in Canada and ask to go there?

Harpal315

Apr 13, 2021
Hello legalfalcon,

Did you mention your refusal before during your study and work permit application?

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
Did you mention your refusal before during your study and work permit application?
As I mentioned I got denied entry from USA while getting work permit in Canada at USA Canada border, so there was no refusal at the time of study or work permit. It's only at the same time of work permit. And I just applied for sticker in India for re-entry in Canada, so there shouldn't be any problem as I've already told about this while raising webform before getting PFL. It should be considered as truthful as I told them before they asked... Thank you though... could you please consider the questions in the previous forum and let me know what do you think actually!!

Harpal315

Apr 13, 2021
How many days you got the PFL after raising webform bro. And I believe you can definitely to an appeal about it and chances are higher that you will win the appeal

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
How many days you got the PFL after raising webform bro. And I believe you can definitely to an appeal about it and chances are higher that you will win the appeal
I got PFL after approx 6 days including weekends, so basically they didn't check my webform because at least minimum it takes 5 days to update anything. Moreover, I can't be misrepresentation in any way as I already told them before asking. So, do you think I'll definitely get successful in reconsideration request.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Dear, I had already mentioned in PFL, I got ban. Now I applied for reconsideration, so are you sure I'll get visa!.
I dont think so. If you got ban it means they did not accept your explanation in your answer to PFL. Your only way is to do judicial review with Federal Court - you have only a limited time to do this and you need a lawyer to do this on your behalf. There is no guarantee judicial review will work.

Reactions: Taran D

Harpal315

Apr 13, 2021
No if you disclose it.
@Mpmp
What happened in your case afterwards, as you forgot to mention refusal in study and work permit application. Please let me know because I am in the same situation and I have my PR application in process and forgot to mention previous australia visitors visa refusal.
Please reply to my post.Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,

Reconsideration is only an administrative discretion. You can sure use it. However, make sure that you engage a lawyer who can represent you well.

You can also go into judicial review, and this will also depend on the strength of your case. Contact a lawyer who can review your documents and provide you with the options.

Reactions: Taran D