+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention day-trips to the US on the CIT0407 (residency calculator)

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
Hello all, first timer here though i've been following very closely to get my citizenship application done ...

I will have my citizenship exam and interview in one week. :)

About 2 months ago, I have requested from the CBSA the log of my entry into Canada. Yesterday i received it and it's showing entry into Canada since 2000. Even those day trips that i went to pick up stuff bought from amazon and shipped to a local ups store accross the border.

To my horror :eek: i just realized that I did not write down any of these in the CIT0407 residence calculator as they didn't count against the days present.

How do you think the person checking the documents will take upon this omission?
Would that count under "wrong and fraudulous information provided" and will i have to submit my application again?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

SH

Jun 18, 2015
superhanuman said:
Hello all, first timer hre though i've been following very closely to get my citizenship application done ...

About 2 months ago, I have requested from the CBSA the log of my entry into Canada. Yesterday i received it and it's showing entry into Canada since 2000. Even those day trips that i went to pick up stuff bought from amazon and shipped to a local ups store accross the border.

To my horror :eek: i just realized that I did not write down any of these in the CIT0407 residence calculator as they didn't count against the days present.

How do you think the person checking the documents will take upon this omission?
Would that count under "wrong and fraudulous information provided" and will i have to submit my application again?

Thanks

SH
Well friend basically you have nothing to do now you can either withdraw the application and try applying again

If you don't say the dates you were in canada it's a big problem for them and you

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Hi Super,

Can you give us more details on your application? What s your timeline and when did you apply? I am guessing you got an RQ and you failed to mentioned these dates in the RQ form you submitted back to CIC?

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You didn't have to include any same-day trips in the original application.
You had to include them if you got an RQ.
(according to the pre-jun-11 rules, not sure about the new rules).

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
samreentariq said:
Hi Super,

Can you give us more details on your application? What s your timeline and when did you apply? I am guessing you got an RQ and you failed to mentioned these dates in the RQ form you submitted back to CIC?
Thanks for replying Sam!

Sorry about that ... Here' the time line i got

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 18, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 5, 2015.

And i got the letter to write the exam and the interview last week. The ets is on the 24th of June.

I never got to do any RQ (what's RQ btw?)

SH

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
sjakub said:
You didn't have to include any same-day trips in the original application.
You had to include them if you got an RQ.
(according to the pre-jun-11 rules, not sure about the new rules).
Thanks Jakub!

If that's the case, what a great relief ...

still what's an RQ?

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superhanuman said:
Thanks Jakub!

still what's an RQ?
You're welcome.

RQ is a "Residence Questionnaire" - they send you a letter asking for additional proof
that you were in Canada when you claim you were.
For example boarding passes, credit card statements, whatever.

https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/about-2/rq-faq/

And since you don't know, it most likely means that's not the case :p

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
What is an RQ ?

- An RQ is called a Residence Questionnaire a document sent to you from CIC if they have any reason to doubt your residence or number number of days you were absent from Canada, they seem to send out thew new CIT0520 form which requests specific things from you to prove you were in canada.

Moving on to your question is if you applied in August that means that they will be considering the period from Aug 2010 till Aug 2014 as you applied under old 3/4 rules, so in your CBSA report you saw trips taken in 2000 outside of Canada that has you worried or are you worried about some same day trips you took between Aug 2010 and Aug 2014 ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
superhanuman said:
Thanks Jakub!

still what's an RQ?
RQ = Residence Questionnaire

CIC usually issue these to applicants CIC think they didn't really meet the residency requirements or applicant provided weak proofs of residency. Sometimes issued to those who omitted absences, on purpose or by mistake.

Basically they want a lot more documentations than what was submitted with the application to prove the residency claims.

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
samreentariq said:
What is an RQ ?

- An RQ is called a Residence Questionnaire a document sent to you from CIC if they have any reason to doubt your residence or number number of days you were absent from Canada, they seem to send out thew new CIT0520 form which requests specific things from you to prove you were in canada.

Moving on to your question is if you applied in August that means that they will be considering the period from Aug 2010 till Aug 2014 as you applied under old 3/4 rules, so in your CBSA report you saw trips taken in 2000 outside of Canada that has you worried or are you worried about some same day trips you took between Aug 2010 and Aug 2014 ?
Hey Sam,

Thanks for your detailed answer!

So since I've become PR in march 2011, i took 6 day trips down to Ogsdensburg to pick up stuff i've bought in the US (went there, picked up my things and came back).

When i filled out the CIT0407 residency calculator in Aug 2014, it showed that i had 1200 days (far beyond the 1095 required), but i didn't include any day trip since it would have amounted to 0 anyhow.

Any reason i should be worried that I didn't include them?

Thanks

SH

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
sjakub said:
You're welcome.

RQ is a "Residence Questionnaire" - they send you a letter asking for additional proof
that you were in Canada when you claim you were.
For example boarding passes, credit card statements, whatever.

And since you don't know, it most likely means that's not the case :p
Yeah ... no i never got any RQ ... probably bc i have more than enough days spend in Canada (1200 vs. 1095) ... so it's a relief to know that there's little risk for me to be refused on the interview day ... ;D

superhanuman

Jun 19, 2015
screech339 said:
RQ = Residence Questionnaire

CIC usually issue these to applicants CIC think they didn't really meet the residency requirements or applicant provided weak proofs of residency. Sometimes issued to those who omitted absences, on purpose or by mistake.

Basically they want a lot more documentations than what was submitted with the application to prove the residency claims.
Thanks Screech ...

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Old form did not need day trips to be declared so you are good. be confident make sure you take all your original documents like passport, PR card, COPR and read the book to ace the test. Best of luck ;D.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
superhanuman said:
Hello all, first timer here though i've been following very closely to get my citizenship application done ...

Thanks
SH
Hanuman jee

You don't have to worry at all. Give your exam/interview with complete peace of mind.

With old rules still in place (for old applicants :)), IMHO you need not mention about the day trips. However, you can be honest to the interviewing officer -
(i) As it was zero days absence, you didn't mention.
(ii) It skipped out of your mind.
(iii) Residency Calculator says - 'If the applicant leaves Canada and comes back the same day, it is not considered an absence.', so didn't mention!!.

All the best. Stay cool.

Cheers, Anil