+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention about refusal

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
I guess here is some confusion. U r talking about someone else. @juddy I guess ur frnds must hav not mentioned but @adi frnds did. I feel even if u mention it won't affect because u r saying truth in ur current application

Norviking

Mar 9, 2016
Pr_qa said:
Hi all, I came here as student in Canada, than I had workpermit and now I have PNP. I have USA visa. But I dint mention about USA refusal in any of my previous Canada application, it was my mistake, I was misguided by my friends saying they don't want USA refusal as they share database. Anyway damage is done. I am planning to mention in my pr application now, do you guys think shld I mention it or not ? If I do wil I b charge with immigration history misreprestation ? Shld I add LOE? Pls do reply guys
Was this before or after Canada and the US started sharing immigration information? I'm about to apply for my Study Permit and have also previously been denied a US student visa.

I've read about 50/50 on people saying I should and shouldn't tell them. (I'm from a country where I don't need to take fingerprints etc(biometric)). Thing is that I've studied in the US before and have had a student visa approved and then renewed before my latest one was denied. I'm guessing this would make it harder to hide? Even if I'm from a western country. I've also gotten a new passport/passport number since I got denied. (I didn't committ a crime or overstayed in the US and I do not have a criminal record in the US)

I've also been told they don't do an as thorough background check for a study permit as they do when you later apply for a permanent residence etc? Something I don't plan on doing.

Saying I've been granted US student visa before and then not saying my last one was denied isn't going to work I assume, since that would give them a reason to check?

Shaz 786

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
07-11-2017
Hi all, I came here as student in Canada, than I had workpermit and now I have PNP. I have USA visa. But I dint mention about USA refusal in any of my previous Canada application, it was my mistake, I was misguided by my friends saying they don't want USA refusal as they share database. Anyway damage is done. I am planning to mention in my pr application now, do you guys think shld I mention it or not ? If I do wil I b charge with immigration history misreprestation ? Shld I add LOE? Pls do reply guys
Was your application successful. .

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
No LOE was asked. I mention when i was submitting my application for PR. But if you are thinking to mention after you have submitted PR application, just send update Background Info form. It should be OK. It actually depends on officer how he/she handles your case.

Reactions: Riar1992

Riar1992

Jun 29, 2017
No LOE was asked. I mention when i was submitting my application for PR. But if you are thinking to mention after you have submitted PR application, just send update Background Info form. It should be OK. It actually depends on officer how he/she handles your case.
Thanx for reply .i already sent updated form back in july . But i forgot to mention in my previous applications of study permit and work permit thats why i was scared that might they will ask about previous applications.

Reactions: Shaz 786

Shaz 786

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
07-11-2017
I think once you tell them before they dind out their self.
You did not try to cheat them...it shouldn't be a problem..

Riar1992

Jun 29, 2017
I think once you tell them before they dind out their self.
You did not try to cheat them...it shouldn't be a problem..
Yeah I'm hoping that .My only concern is that i was refused for australian study permit back in 2011 from india.I dont have refusal letter and i dont even know what was the reason for my refusal. I hope they wont ask for refusal letter .

Am63

Jul 26, 2018
Yeah I'm hoping that .My only concern is that i was refused for australian study permit back in 2011 from india.I dont have refusal letter and i dont even know what was the reason for my refusal. I hope they wont ask for refusal letter .
Hi did you get pr

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
Hi How you doin?

I am in a similar situation, the difference is i have applied for me and now i am trying to add my spouse so far i forgot about my USA visitor visa rejection in all my applications and all of them have been approved but IRCC did requested few other forms for my spouse and a updated schedule A for me. I hired a consultant for my spouses application he was going thru the q&a with me when he asked me about that particular question and at that point i came to know i have been doing the same mistake in all my application since i forgot about the rejection. Now he is suggestion to disclose the rejection and write a letter of explanation. Now my concern its been more then 2 years since the application is in process if i change the answer to YES from NO. would i face any further issues?

Please any suggestions will be helpful. thank you
No LOE was asked. I mention when i was submitting my application for PR. But if you are thinking to mention after you have submitted PR application, just send update Background Info form. It should be

Yemidd

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I have a situation too about not declaring previous visa denial. This was an error on my part and I have already submitted my PR application How do I send updated background info form?