+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention about refusal

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
Hi all, I came here as student in Canada, than I had workpermit and now I have PNP. I have USA visa. But I dint mention about USA refusal in any of my previous Canada application, it was my mistake, I was misguided by my friends saying they don't want USA refusal as they share database. Anyway damage is done. I am planning to mention in my pr application now, do you guys think shld I mention it or not ? If I do wil I b charge with immigration history misreprestation ? Shld I add LOE? Pls do reply guys

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
Any one pls? My frnd read somewhr in this forum that someone dint mention in manitoba pnp about usa refusal and he did mention in Pr application than to he got ban ?

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Pr_qa said:
Any one pls? My frnd read somewhr in this forum that someone dint mention in manitoba pnp about usa refusal and he did mention in Pr application than to he got ban ?
A ban? I doubt if not mentioning a US visa will make CIC ban the applicant. Just relax.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Lied once, and people will believe you genuinely made a mistake

Lied twice, nobody believes you are genuinely making mistakes

Just tell the truth this time. If they inquire you, just explain the situations.

And lying on PR applications can in fact get you banned for visa application for years if they deem you are deliberately concealing facts.

Reactions: Anford

lembang

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th, 2014 (PNP) March 23, 2015 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
December 15th, 2015
Nomination.....
March 9th, 2015(PNP)
AOR Received.
July 10th, 2014(PNP)-June 4th, 2015(XEP)-July 2nd, 2015(EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Nov 25th, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 14th, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Feb 29th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 14th, 2016
LANDED..........
Mar 19th, 2016
I would suggest you to fill in with the truth and write a proper explanations about it. :) I believe it will be fine.

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
lembang said:
I would suggest you to fill in with the truth and write a proper explanations about it. :) I believe it will be fine.
thanks alot, i will do and mention proper explanations.

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
mf4361 said:
Lied once, and people will believe you genuinely made a mistake

Lied twice, nobody believes you are genuinely making mistakes

Just tell the truth this time. If they inquire you, just explain the situations.

And lying on PR applications can in fact get you banned for visa application for years if they deem you are deliberately concealing facts.
Thanks for your response.

I agree with you. It can be considered as lie because i have not mention refusal in any of my past permits.
I have USA visa and i have travelled couple of time between canada ansd usa. I was wondering if they feel i m hiding refusal they would have told me on first place it self. I was under impression, i dont need to mention as i was getting all my permits and i was easily able to travel between borders.

But when i realised my mistake it was too late. At this stage, it will be consider as lie. I dont deny that. But there are certain genuine case. I hope i am able to satisfy CIC.

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
yengyeng said:
A ban? I doubt if not mentioning a US visa will make CIC ban the applicant. Just relax.
thanks man, even i was under that impression. I am ready to face rejection as i deserve if they found me guilty but ban for 5 years will be too much. :(

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
Honestly speaking, you don't need to make an explanation letter. Just mention in this application. I don't think they will dig into your previous application as they already have a huge backlog which they have to finish but if you write an explanation letter you are inviting trouble. i am not saying to hide something or lie i am just saying to tell the truth what they are asking in their form that it.

Reactions: TeeOMISORE

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
Adii11586 said:
Honestly speaking, you don't need to make an explanation letter. Just mention in this application. I don't think they will dig into your previous application as they already have a huge backlog which they have to finish but if you write an explanation letter you are inviting trouble. i am not saying to hide something or lie i am just saying to tell the truth what they are asking in their form that it.
thanks for ur reply :)

Ya, i was having this though for sec, but if they find inconsistency with my previous application, will they give me chance to explain or they will just reject application ? My main concern is i have ontario pnp, there was no question in PNP form regarding refusal. but will they access my info based on workpermit which i applied to get pnp ?. They might think i lied to ontario pnp :(

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
Pr_qa said:
thanks for ur reply :)

Ya, i was having this though for sec, but if they find inconsistency with my previous application, will they give me chance to explain or they will just reject application ? My main concern is i have ontario pnp, there was no question in PNP form regarding refusal. but will they access my info based on workpermit which i applied to get pnp ?. They might think i lied to ontario pnp :(
95 percent i think NO they won't check anything from your previous application. at least you are telling them truth this time so they will understand this.

one of my friend have the same situation he came as a student and the work permit. When he apply for his PR then he realize he never mention his refusal so mention in his PR then Bridging open work permit and he got both of them.

U R not the only who do this mistake. Many of us in forum and in Canada are facing same problem because that question is really tricky where it start with Canada but end with any other country that why many of us miss last part. So officer also know that it OK because if you have lie or hide your refusal you won't let them know in your PR application.

Buddy don't get panic, relax and apply for your application and think that you never make a mistake. CIC also don't care about this small stuff.

Reactions: VJPATEL2110

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
Adii11586 said:
One of my friend have the same situation he came as a student and the work permit. When he apply for his PR then he realize he never mention his refusal so mention in his PR then Bridging open work permit and he got both of them.
Thanks a lot for ur help dude. I will go and write it down. I am confused with above Line, did ur friend mention about refusal in pr?

juggy D

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
I had done the same mistake ....my US visitor visa was refused 2 times and I forgot to mention.....lol.....one of my friend forgot to mention his Canada visitor visa refusal which was refused 12 years back....cic didn't even bothered to ask him....!

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
Pr_qa said:
Thanks a lot for ur help dude. I will go and write it down. I am confused with above Line, did ur friend mention about refusal in pr?
Yes he shows refusal in PR application. He have the same situation like you