+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention a trip before landing in Canada (falls in the 4 years period)

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi ,

I forgot to mention a trip in my form which falls in the last 4 years period but at that time I was neither a PR nor living in Canada. I applied with ZERO absence days in the last 3 years , however now I realized that I forgot to mention a trip to my home country before landing in Canada . I need to mention here that I am not using any pre PR period . Is it going to create any problems for me ?

I did not want to hide that trip but completely forgot to mention it as I was just thinking of my days present in Canada .

Anyone in the same situation , kindly advise .

Thanks

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
If the total number of days is still above 1095 it wont be a problem.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
sicko86 said:
If the total number of days is still above 1095 it wont be a problem.

Thank you so much for your input . Let me be more clear . I landed in Canada in 2011 . Before coming to Canada I was living in KSA ,that trip was made in 2010 . At that time only my PR application was in process . As I was just thinking about any trips made after landing in Canada so I completely forgot to mention it although it falls in the last 4 years.

I am not concerned about the number of residency days as that trip was made before becoming a PR .Secondly I applied with ZERO absence as I never left Canada after landing in 2011.

I am just concerned how CIC is going to look at it , although it does not at all affect my PR period or days spend in Canada ,at all .

Should I write to CIC in an email about this trip or its not required ?

Senior applicants please advise how CIC looks at any trips made before landing in Canada.

Thanks

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
I see what you mean now .. if your Arrival Date = Permanent Residency Date according to the calculator it shouldn't matter for you at all.. because they will be looking at the period between they day you arrived (or you became Permanent Resident if they are the same) until the day of the application .. if the total is 1095 or more you should be fine. You shouldnt worry about travel prior to arriving or landing in Canada as it doesnt affect the total number of days.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The residency calculator asks:
*Please list all your absences outside Canada between XXXX-XX-XX and XXXX-XX-XX...

It's entirely logical that you wouldn't list a trip during a period where you were clearly already outside Canada. Unless the trip was to collaborate with FARC rebels or strategize with Boko Haram insurgents or become Kim Jong-Un's next pizza chef, the CIC/CBSA/CSIS is probably not interested.

But your concern is more about maintaining your integrity with CIC and being as forthcoming and honest as possible. Perhaps you could have listed your time as a resident in KSA as an absence from Canada in residency calculator and perhaps also listed the short trip, but I doubt that the residency calculator would even accept that information since it took place before your arrival in Canada and has no relevance to the residency calculations.

It's almost certainly unnecessary. Perhaps you could have the dates written down on a piece of paper for the interview, in case the officer asks you about it (they won't). Or if you're really worried you could write a concise follow-up letter to the CIC (be sure to list your UCI and file number) listing the information and stating that, though it is irrelevant to your residency in Canada since it took place before your arrival here, you were sending the information to them because you want to be as forthcoming as possible and you were not entirely sure whether this information was required or not.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
eileenf said:
But your concern is more about maintaining your integrity with CIC and being as forthcoming and honest as possible. Perhaps you could have listed your time as a resident in KSA as an absence from Canada in residency calculator and perhaps also listed the short trip, but I doubt that the residency calculator would even accept that information since it took place before your arrival in Canada and has no relevance to the residency calculations.

It's almost certainly unnecessary. Perhaps you could have the dates written down on a piece of paper for the interview, in case the officer asks you about it (they won't). Or if you're really worried you could write a concise follow-up letter to the CIC (be sure to list your UCI and file number) listing the information and stating that, though it is irrelevant to your residency in Canada since it took place before your arrival here, you were sending the information to them because you want to be as forthcoming as possible and you were not entirely sure whether it was required or not.

Thats exactly I was feeling !

thank you so much for the detailed info .

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
You said I quote "I forgot to mention a trip in my form which falls in the last 4 years period but at that time I was neither a PR nor living in Canada."

Did you use the ONLINE residency calculator or the residency calculator FORM CIT 0407?

If you used the ONLINE residency calculator, then you don't need to worry as long as you disclosed ALL your addresses on Section 6E and 6F (addresses where you lived, worked or studied in the last 4 years). In your case, since you did not live in Canada prior to PR, the ONLINE residency calculator will only cover time between PR landing date and Application date.

If you used the residency calculator FORM CIT 0407, then you PROBABLY only made a non consequential mistake on the first part... and it's NOT a clear cut mistake... because the question is "Have you left Canada in the past 4 years?" Well, how can you leave Canada when you are not first in Canada?

Bottom line, you don't need to worry as long as you disclosed ALL your addresses on Section 6E and 6F (addresses where you lived, worked or studied in the last 4 years)

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
arambi said:
You said I quote "I forgot to mention a trip in my form which falls in the last 4 years period but at that time I was neither a PR nor living in Canada."

Did you use the ONLINE residency calculator or the residency calculator FORM CIT 0407?

If you used the ONLINE residency calculator, then you don't need to worry as long as you disclosed ALL your addresses on Section 6E and 6F (addresses where you lived, worked or studied in the last 4 years). In your case, since you did not live in Canada prior to PR, the ONLINE residency calculator will only cover time between PR landing date and Application date.

If you used the residency calculator FORM CIT 0407, then you PROBABLY only made a non consequential mistake on the first part... and it's NOT a clear cut mistake... because the question is "Have you left Canada in the past 4 years?" Well, how can you leave Canada when you are not first in Canada?

Bottom line, you don't need to worry as long as you disclosed ALL your addresses on Section 6E and 6F (addresses where you lived, worked or studied in the last 4 years)
Thank you so much .

I used the Online residence calculator . However , that trip cannot qualify for appearing in the calculator as that was made before becoming a PR and landing in Canada .The only place where it would have been appeared was probably Q 6E. I did mention ALL my addresses on Section 6E and 6F (addresses where I lived, worked or studied in the last 4 years) but that trip was not mentioned in those questions

So do you think there is no need to send an email /case specific enquiry ? Kind of confused ...but do feel that may be providing more info wont hurt ....what do you guys suggest ?

thanks once again

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
newcomer said:
Thank you so much .

I used the Online residence calculator . However , that trip cannot qualify for appearing in the calculator as that was made before becoming a PR and landing in Canada .The only place where it would have been appeared was probably Q 6E. I did mention ALL my addresses on Section 6E and 6F (addresses where I lived, worked or studied in the last 4 years) but that trip was not mentioned in those questions

So do you think there is no need to send an email /case specific enquiry ? Kind of confused ...but do feel that may be providing more info wont hurt ....what do you guys suggest ?

thanks once again
Any thoughts ???