+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot To include nikkah nama in application

Hakr9596

Dec 31, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hey guys
I sent in my application dec 23 2019 to sponsor my husband (who lives in Pakistan) and I realized I forgot to include an important document the ‘nikkah nama’
I called IRCC and they said I will get an email or they will return my application.
I am so worried has anyone been in this situation?? How long do I have to wait and will they send back my application or will they email me??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys
I sent in my application dec 23 2019 to sponsor my husband (who lives in Pakistan) and I realized I forgot to include an important document the ‘nikkah nama’
I called IRCC and they said I will get an email or they will return my application.
I am so worried has anyone been in this situation?? How long do I have to wait and will they send back my application or will they email me??
Depends. The first step before AOR is for a VO to go through your application package and look for any missing documents. They will either send it back and then you’ll have to send it back with the nikkah included or they will ask you to send it in/scan and upload it. It is not uncommon for people to miss a document or signature.

Reactions: yasir_pak

Momoazk

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hey guys

If you sent your marriage certificate then it should be okay. The marriage certificate with nikkah registry seal.

Hakr9596

Dec 31, 2019
Category........
FAM
If you sent your marriage certificate then it should be okay. The marriage certificate with nikkah registry seal.
Are you speaking from experience??
I did send the marriage certificate with the nikkah registry seal. But on the country specific requirements it said the nikkah nama has to be included, the marriage certificate is not sufficient on it own.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
If you sent nadra marriage certificate which it self is being made by submitting nikah nama then hopefully they won't return application rather they will ask you to submit nikah nama and its translation

Hakr9596

Dec 31, 2019
Category........
FAM
If you sent nadra marriage certificate which it self is being made by submitting nikah nama then hopefully they won't return application rather they will ask you to submit nikah nama and its translation
I hope that’s the case