+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to include certified copy of the original birth certificate

djaswal

Mar 28, 2017
Hey,

I recently submitted spousal sponsorship application and forgot to include the certified copy of the original birth certificate. I only attached the certified copy of the translation of the birth certificate. Is there anything I can do at this point?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

djaswal said:
Hey,

I recently submitted spousal sponsorship application and forgot to include the certified copy of the original birth certificate. I only attached the certified copy of the translation of the birth certificate. Is there anything I can do at this point?
1. If it was a requirement on the checklist, then the sponsorship and application are probably coming back as incomplete.

Simmi100

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
I missed a form too, Called CIC and they suggested to send missed form along with a explanation ASAP and said they'll try to attach this in my file, no guarantee.

djaswal said:
Hey,

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
I forgot to include our marriage certificate to application, but sent it in a week -two later with a explanation letter and they attached it in application. Wasn't a problem. But never know what they do :D