Forgot to change DLI

harjotsingh93

Mar 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I came to canada in may, 2016 and after my first semester completed I changed my college and program(there was no gap) and started at a different college in september, 2016 but didn't know I had to report change in DLI and the international dept. people at previous college told that I didn't need to do that so I never did it. Now I have to extend my study permit but don't know what to do. I tried to change DLI now but can't find my application. I don't even know if it's even possible to do that since I'm starting third semester soon. Is this going to be a problem? Can someone help me out here? Can I still extend my permit?

bm6695

Aug 22, 2017
It isin't a problem. However they have mentioned that while changing post-secondary institues you MUST inform them. There's no time limits. There are friends of mine who never updated DLI numbers and still got PGWP and are PR's.

christy2103

May 5, 2021
Hello, I have the same problem as above. I tried to change my DLI but I didn't find my application online, as of now I completed my program and applied for pgwp but I didn't get any confirmation from cic. can I change my DLI now ?

Raavi Sandhu

Oct 14, 2018
Hello, I have the same problem as above. I tried to change my DLI but I didn't find my application online, as of now I completed my program and applied for pgwp but I didn't get any confirmation from cic. can I change my DLI now ?
Hey, I’m in the same boat. Could you please tell what you did? Have you got your PGWP? Did you update CIC about DLI in your PGWP application? Please reply ASAP. Thanks

Feb 17, 2023
I came to canada in may, 2016 and after my first semester completed I changed my college and program(there was no gap) and started at a different college in september, 2016 but didn't know I had to report change in DLI and the international dept. people at previous college told that I didn't need to do that so I never did it. Now I have to extend my study permit but don't know what to do. I tried to change DLI now but can't find my application. I don't even know if it's even possible to do that since I'm starting third semester soon. Is this going to be a problem? Can someone help me out here? Can I still extend my permit?
Hii what happened next
Please reply