Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Hello everyone,

I am desperately looking for professional advise in my case. I had visitor visa refusal when I was a minor in 2014. In 2015, I applied for study permit and got it approved but did not mention my previous rejection. I came to Canada and I've extended my study permit as well as applied for PGWP (got them approved) but never mentioned my previous visa refusal as a minor back in 2014. I'm going to apply for PR next month and wandering what are the consequences if I mention my previous visa refusal because it will be inconsistent with the info I have given in previous applications.

Any advice or suggestion would be helpful.

Reactions: geetansh97

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hello everyone,

I am desperately looking for professional advise in my case. I had visitor visa refusal when I was a minor in 2014. In 2015, I applied for study permit and got it approved but did not mention my previous rejection. I came to Canada and I've extended my study permit as well as applied for PGWP (got them approved) but never mentioned my previous visa refusal as a minor back in 2014. I'm going to apply for PR next month and wandering what are the consequences if I mention my previous visa refusal because it will be inconsistent with the info I have given in previous applications.

Any advice or suggestion would be helpful.
@gssidhu19 Can you please tell me how did you proceed with this? I have exact same situation and wondering what to do?
It is best to mention everything truthfully in your PR application as it is subject to a more rigorous check. However, since you withheld the information of your previous rejection, you must reasonably explain that in your client correspondence letter in your PR application. A previous visa rejection, such as the one in your case, does not "normally" affect PR applications.

gssidhu19

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
@gssidhu19 Can you please tell me how did you proceed with this? I have exact same situation and wondering what to do?
I requested notes from all my previous visa applications and noticed that visa officer did see my rejections however decided to ignore them because the reason was really common lack of finances. I declared my refusal in PR application truthfully.

Aq1

Nov 24, 2022
I requested notes from all my previous visa applications and noticed that visa officer did see my rejections however decided to ignore them because the reason was really common lack of finances. I declared my refusal in PR application truthfully.
@gssidhu19
I have a similar problem, and I am going to truthfully mention that I had a refusal. But I wonder if I should also highlight the fact that there is an inconsistency between my applications in the LoE.

What did you do? Did you also includ the details of the mistake in the previous applications, or did you just truthfully answer the relevant questions in the form?

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
@gssidhu19 could you please let us know how and from whom you requested all your previous visa applications ? If it is not listed in you account how can we track them ?