+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot GC PASSWORD AND SECURITY QUESTION ANSWERS

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Need your help . The last draw cutoff score was 447 and mine is 450. So i would have recieved an ITA as there is an email stating you have new message in your account. However, im into new trouble. I forgot my password of my GC key , as well as the answers for security questions. Any advice on how to proceed further.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
AGENTOO7 said:
Need your help . The last draw cutoff score was 447 and mine is 450. So i would have recieved an ITA as there is an email stating you have new message in your account. However, im into new trouble. I forgot my password of my GC key , as well as the answers for security questions. Any advice on how to proceed further.
You seem to have hit a dead end for that GC Account since you can't even recover and IRCC Tech. HelpDesk isn't of much help and the response is horrible. So you have two options...
  • Forget about this account and open a fresh GC account and a EE profile with a new mail ID and wait for the next draw, and feel lucky if the cutoff is maintained below 450. (which i feel it should).
  • Raise a Helpdesk ticket to IRCC to reset your account, and pray to God that they are able to help you before the next draw.

1st one is the one you should go with and try the second simultaneously (incase they help you before the next draw, for which the chances are very slim).

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
You seem to have hit a dead end for that GC Account since you can't even recover and IRCC Tech. HelpDesk isn't of much help and the response is horrible. So you have two options...
  • Forget about this account and open a fresh GC account and a EE profile with a new mail ID and wait for the next draw, and feel lucky if the cutoff is maintained below 450. (which i feel it should).
  • Raise a Helpdesk ticket to IRCC to reset your account, and pray to God that they are able to help you before the next draw.

1st one is the one you should go with and try the second simultaneously (incase they help you before the next draw, for which the chances are very slim).
You have 3 months to submit the eapr. Start collecting docs and meanwhile contact the cic. They will hopefully sort you in a month or two.

andrewhl

Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2016
Doc's Request.
21-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016(Passed)
Passport Req..
02-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
13-Feb-2017
AGENTOO7 said:
I think you can register a new account, then try link your old application to your new account.
it does not always work but worth a try

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
shaheerjaved said:
You have 3 months to submit the eapr. Start collecting docs and meanwhile contact the cic. They will hopefully sort you in a month or two.
One cannot work on an immigration application on hope that some help desk will resolve your issue. What if they don't till 89th day, and we know that from other's experience on CIC Help desk?

andrewhl said:
I think you can register a new account, then try link your old application to your new account.
it does not always work but worth a try
This cannot be done unless you have the password for the old account.

If that was possible i could transfer your profile to my GC account once i knew your EE profile number.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Thanks for your suggestions. However, i managed to finally login to my account as it got unlocked after 24 hours and sort of went with trial and error and made sure that my attempts are not 'consecutive'. I got my ITA but i feel bad about Oinp's ridiculously long processing and times. Im thinking to withdraw my application for Ontario PNP considering the processing times, PFL and probability of getting Nomination. I just feel bad for the $ and 1 year time that i have invested in Ontario PNP program.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
AGENTOO7 said:
Thanks for your suggestions. However, i managed to finally login to my account as it got unlocked after 24 hours and sort of went with trial and error and made sure that my attempts are not 'consecutive'. I got my ITA but i feel bad about Oinp's ridiculously long processing and times. Im thinking to withdraw my application for Ontario PNP considering the processing times, PFL and probability of getting Nomination. I just feel bad for the $ and 1 year time that i have invested in Ontario PNP program.
Why you want to withdraw the application??? It's true that OINP takes long time, but now you have federal ITA. Now CIC is going to process your application not Ontario.

Sehajsk

Jan 25, 2022
Hey, I am in a similar situation right now. I got locked out of my account because of consecutive wrong attempts. When you said you made sure your attempts weren't consecutive, how long were the gaps you took in between?

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Hey, I am in a similar situation right now. I got locked out of my account because of consecutive wrong attempts. When you said you made sure your attempts weren't consecutive, how long were the gaps you took in between?
No more than two before the clock ticks 12:00 AM.