+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forget to return expired the US I-94 form

pokemon130

May 2, 2019
Hello all, I have a question about the US I-94 form attached to my passport.
My situation is:
1) The I-94 expired in 2014 and I didn't know I should surrender it when I left the US. Actually, I only entered the US one time by land and travel there within one day (entered in the morning and returned to Canada in the evening). When I returned to Canada, no one asked me to surrender the I-94, so I kept it until today. Also, because it was 5 years ago, I can't find my travel history information on the I94 website.
2) The old passport which the expired I-94 attached to also expired. I replaced a new passport. There is no travel information on my new passport.
3) I am not a citizen or PR of Canada.

Now I am planning to apply for a new US travel visa, and I am worried about this issue. My question is:
1) Do I need to return the expired I-94 form to the US government? Given the fact the old passport also expired.
2) If I need to return it, do I mail it back to the US address which found on its website? or just give it to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) in one airport?

Thank you!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, you don't need to return it. They changed to electronic I-94 a few years ago and they don't need the paper one returned. Keep it with the rest of your important documents just in case.

Reactions: Hapique