+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Worker

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
I am a Pakistani National.
I am going to apply for my work permit for Canada in the coming week. If i get my application approved, can i travel to Canada in order to work there?
Also tell me that work permit applications are being processed during these days of pandemic.
Please reply me thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a Pakistani National.
I am going to apply for my work permit for Canada in the coming week. If i get my application approved, can i travel to Canada in order to work there?
Also tell me that work permit applications are being processed during these days of pandemic.
Please reply me thanks in advance
On what basis are you going to be applying for a work permit? Do you have a job offer from an employer in Canada and has that employer obtained an approved LMIA?

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
On what basis are you going to be applying for a work permit? Do you have a job offer from an employer in Canada and has that employer obtained an approved LMIA?
Yes I have got LMIA and if i get approved duration of my work permit will be 1 year.
Moreover, one of my sisters is Canadian national. She went to Canada almost 8 years ago after getting married with a Canadian. I have also heard people that it ll be really difficult for me to get Canadian visa because my sister is a Canadian. What do u think about this?
And also tell me if i get approved, will i b able to come to Canada in spite of this pandemic???

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Yes I have got LMIA and if i get approved duration of my work permit will be 1 year.
Moreover, one of my sisters is Canadian national. She went to Canada almost 8 years ago after getting married with a Canadian. I have also heard people that it ll be really difficult for me to get Canadian visa because my sister is a Canadian. What do u think about this?
And also tell me if i get approved, will i b able to come to Canada in spite of this pandemic???
And you’re positive that the LMIA is not a scam ?
What industry?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah! It's genuine because my bro in law is a Canadian citizen and he has got it for me.
Once the work permit is approved you can travel to Canada. you will need to quarantine yourself for 14 days on arrival and not leave the place where you are staying for 2 weeks.

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Once the work permit is approved you can travel to Canada. you will need to quarantine yourself for 14 days on arrival and not leave the place where you are staying for 2 weeks.
Thanks u have been really helpful for me.
Please answer my few more questions
Q1. Can all types of work permits be extended in Canada?
Q2. How long will i have to work in with the specific employer who provided me LMIA?
Q3. Can i get the PR of Canada by having the work permit visa ?(My English proficiency is good , so I think I ll be easily able to get good score in general IELTS.)
Q 4. All the people who are getting their work permit approved nowadays can travel to Canada or there are only specific who can ?
Thanks in advance please answer my queries

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Q2. How long will i have to work in with the specific employer who provided me LMIA?
Q3. Can i get the PR of Canada by having the work permit visa ?(My English proficiency is good , so I think I ll be easily able to get good score in general IELTS.)
Q 4. All the people who are getting their work permit approved nowadays can travel to Canada or there are only specific who can ?
1) This is a vague question. Some work permits cannot be extended at all.
2) You will have a closed work permit so you will only be able to work for that specific employer. If you want to switch employers, your new employer will need to apply for an LMIA and then you will need to apply for a new closed work permit.
3) A work permit does not guarantee PR. You will need to research Canada's immigration programs to find out what it takes to apply. I would recommend that you start by researching the Express Entry program.
4) No, not everyone is able to travel. Generally speaking those with closed work permit can travel without issue. Some people with open work permits are not being allowed to travel

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
What is NOC code for your job and what province are you coming to?

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
1) This is a vague question. Some work permits cannot be extended at all.
2) You will have a closed work permit so you will only be able to work for that specific employer. If you want to switch employers, your new employer will need to apply for an LMIA and then you will need to apply for a new closed work permit.
3) A work permit does not guarantee PR. You will need to research Canada's immigration programs to find out what it takes to apply. I would recommend that you start by researching the Express Entry program.
4) No, not everyone is able to travel. Generally speaking those with closed work permit can travel without issue. Some people with open work permits are not being allowed to travel
This is my last question please answer it!
Can i get admission in Canadian university once I ll be in Canada on work visa??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is my last question please answer it!
Can i get admission in Canadian university once I ll be in Canada on work visa??
You can. However you would need to switch over to a study permit and also be prepared to pay international student fees.

Reactions: Rrizwan

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
You can. However you would need to switch over to a study permit and also be prepared to pay international student fees.
It means I ll get study permit easily , once I come to Canada as a temporary worker.
Or it will be risky for me to get study permit.
What are the chances out of 100 of getting study permit once i come to Canada as a temporary worker?. Actually I am asking this bcoz there are 99 % chances that I ll will move to Canada before this December. So, I just want to make a road map so that I won't face any difficulty in the way of getting Canadian PR .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It means I ll get study permit easily , once I come to Canada as a temporary worker.
Or it will be risky for me to get study permit.
What are the chances out of 100 of getting study permit once i come to Canada as a temporary worker?. Actually I am asking this bcoz there are 99 % chances that I ll will move to Canada before this December. So, I just want to make a road map so that I won't face any difficulty in the way of getting Canadian PR .
No one can tell you what the chances are out of 100. Some of this will depend on what program you pick.

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
I am currently living in Pakistan. I have been offered to get a Canadian work permit having a duration of 1 year by my friend.
He ll be charging almost 32000 Canadian dollars from me . I won't be giving him a single penny until I don't get my work permit. He also told me that I can verify my work permit from any authority before paying him. My sister and brother in law are living in Edmonton , and If I get entrance to Canada then it ll be much more easier for me to extend the duration of my work permit.
I am also planning that once I get my work permit, I ll send the scanned copy of this to my sister in order to get it verified by the Canadian embassy.
Please! Give me your valuable suggestions , I ll be really thankful to you guys .
My friend is just asking for my passport, 4 pictures, police character certificate and A Family Registration Certificate in order to start the process of getting this work permit.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
I am currently living in Pakistan. I have been offered to get a Canadian work permit having a duration of 1 year by my friend.
He ll be charging almost 32000 Canadian dollars from me . I won't be giving him a single penny until I don't get my work permit. He also told me that I can verify my work permit from any authority before paying him. My sister and brother in law are living in Edmonton , and If I get entrance to Canada then it ll be much more easier for me to extend the duration of my work permit.
I am also planning that once I get my work permit, I ll send the scanned copy of this to my sister in order to get it verified by the Canadian embassy.
Please! Give me your valuable suggestions , I ll be really thankful to you guys .
My friend is just asking for my passport, 4 pictures, police character certificate and A Family Registration Certificate in order to start the process of getting this work permit.
Did you know paying for work permit is illegal? Your friend spent a $1000 LMIA fees and already got an approved LMIA, i doubt that