+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Worker

Jan 14, 2019
Greetings,

My brother in India is willing to enter Canada in work permit. He has 4+ years of professional experience. How to start the process?
1. Whether try to get job offer from Canadian employer and then apply visa using that offer ?
2. Or apply for a Open work permit, if Yes How?
3. Or apply for temporary foreign worker ?

Suggestions please.....!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Greetings,

My brother in India is willing to enter Canada in work permit. He has 4+ years of professional experience. How to start the process?
1. Whether try to get job offer from Canadian employer and then apply visa using that offer ?
2. Or apply for a Open work permit, if Yes How?
3. Or apply for temporary foreign worker ?

Suggestions please.....!!!
He doesn't qualify for an OWP. Only closed WP if he gets a job offer.

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Jweekend,

I have applied for a closed work permit after receiving positive LMIA. When I applied for work permit (from India) that time I was employed. So I submitted my letter of employment stating that I am currently working but after few days of work permit application submission, due to some reason, I have resigned from my current job. I got LMIA based on my past work experience, not because of my recent job that I just resigned. My work permit application is still in process.

Will that affect my work permit application?

Do I need to send my resignation letter to Canada High Commission India as an additional document with a reason?

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Jun 19, 2020
He doesn't qualify for an OWP. Only closed WP if he gets a job offer.
Hi Canuck78,

I have applied for a closed work permit after receiving positive LMIA. When I applied for work permit (from India) that time I was employed. So I submitted my letter of employment stating that I am currently working but after few days of work permit application submission, due to some reason, I have resigned from my current job. I got LMIA based on my past work experience, not because of my recent job that I just resigned. My work permit application is still in process.

Will that affect my work permit application?

Do I need to send my resignation letter to Canada High Commission India as an additional document with a reason?

Please reply. Thanks in advance.