+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Worker with w1-visa

iammonney

Aug 16, 2018
i have job offer in Canada with w1-visa. but my employer does not give me SIN no . what is SIN no and its mandatory or not. what legal process to work in Canada. please help ...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
i have job offer in Canada with w1-visa. but my employer does not give me SIN no . what is SIN no and its mandatory or not. what legal process to work in Canada. please help ...
The SIN is mandatory and is provided by Service Canada upon request. You will need to show your work permit I believe.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin.html

How did you get this job offer? Who provided you with the W-1 visa? Have you paid any money for the job offer or processing?

Reactions: andy.keeling

iammonney

Aug 16, 2018
The SIN is mandatory and is provided by Service Canada upon request. You will need to show your work permit I believe.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin.html

How did you get this job offer? Who provided you with the W-1 visa? Have you paid any money for the job offer or processing?

No I do not pay for the job just visa formalities like medical test visa fee.. Insurance that's all you can also apply through Canada job portal or job bank
. I take the documents to my consultant.

Last query
W1 visa is work visa.... So I just need to APPLY. SIN .NO.. . THANKS

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No I do not pay for the job just visa formalities like medical test visa fee.. Insurance that's all you can also apply through Canada job portal or job bank
. I take the documents to my consultant.

Last query
W1 visa is work visa.... So I just need to APPLY. SIN .NO.. . THANKS
Welcome. Just checking that you are not being scammed.