+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience

Nov 26, 2020
Hello,

I have a query, I did not disclose my Indian work experience during my work permit and study permit application but I disclosed it in my temporary resident visa application later on.
Now I have to apply for my express entry file. can I claim that forreign work experience points now?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If officers start crossing checking your applications & see that you misrepresented yourself for your study permit then you can be banned for using the experience. So your choice.

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks for the guidance.
Just 1 more thing, aa my study and work permit applications did not contain my experience information but TRV file does.
TRV application was submitted before the PR file so wouldn’t it be genuine now?

or still it would amount to misrepresentation in their eyes?

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hi Ajayag,
I don't think this would be any problem or miss representation, if you have all the right documents to show that you indeed have a foreign work experience.
The officer handing your application should be able to verify all information provided by you, if there is (were) any discrepancy. In the documents you have submitted, then the officer may take a look at your previous application. And this may then be seen as miss representation, but if you sure, i mean really sure that the officer can verify your document. Go ahead and state it, or just forgo it.

Reactions: Anna Ngac
Nov 26, 2020
Thank you so much Slycollins for your wise answer.

I have all the requisite documents with me which includes th reference letter, salary slips, bank statements, experience letter, appointment letter with everything on company letter head and sign of the M.D.
Actually the experience i am talking about was part time and i was actively on the job while i filed my study permit application due to which i thought it is of no use as I didn’t had any gap in my study in india and canada.

please advise.

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you so much Slycollins for your wise answer.

I have all the requisite documents with me which includes th reference letter, salary slips, bank statements, experience letter, appointment letter with everything on company letter head and sign of the M.D.
Actually the experience i am talking about was part time and i was actively on the job while i filed my study permit application due to which i thought it is of no use as I didn’t had any gap in my study in india and canada.

please advise.

I did not get the last part of your question; but, if i can deduce anything from it, i would say that the length of time. For part time and full time jobs offer requirement differs. So long as you meet the required numbers of hours, and you can back it up with documents and the officer can verify the documents.
The key word is (officer verifying the documents), it does not matter whether you had stated it before or not. I had the same experience, when i applied for a study permit, i did not state my foreign work experience. But i did during my application for PR, if the official can verify all your documents, he or she may not look at your previous application. But, like i said if he notice any foul play, he take a look at your previous applications. My point is if all your documents are clean, officers verify's them, he makes his judgment base on the documents you have submitted. i hope that this helps

Reactions: Anna Ngac

kalex123

Dec 27, 2018
Hi Ajayag,
I don't think this would be any problem or miss representation, if you have all the right documents to show that you indeed have a foreign work experience.
The officer handing your application should be able to verify all information provided by you, if there is (were) any discrepancy. In the documents you have submitted, then the officer may take a look at your previous application. And this may then be seen as miss representation, but if you sure, i mean really sure that the officer can verify your document. Go ahead and state it, or just forgo it.
hi
I am in bit of confused situation,
when I applied for my study permit I mentioned as business analyst but but my actual job was database admin so when I created my express entry profile I updated it than I have received noi ontario Tecch draw based on I recieved my nomination and received my ITA .
now will it be an issue going forward in my pr application??

kalex123

Dec 27, 2018
hi
when I applied for my study permit I mentioned as business analyst but but my actual job was database admin so when I created my express entry profile I updated it than I have received noi ontario Tecch draw based on I recieved my nomination and received my ITA .

Ali.F

Aug 28, 2020
hi
hey, did anything new happen with PR?

nv95

Nov 7, 2023
Hello,

I have a query, I did not disclose my Indian work experience during my work permit and study permit application but I disclosed it in my temporary resident visa application later on.
Now I have to apply for my express entry file. can I claim that forreign work experience points now?

nv95

Nov 7, 2023
Hello Ajay, I am in a similar situation now. Can you please tell me if you got your PR without any hurdles. Thank you.