Online, inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11/1/2016
Med's Done....
Passed around the end of Jan
Hi Guys,
I have work experience while a full time student during my masters program in another country. Does it count for Federal skilled worker? I know that It doesn't count for CEC.
Thanks

Reactions: Pranavpal

Imann_65

Dec 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Online, inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11/1/2016
Med's Done....
Passed around the end of Jan
adi1989 said:
I would like to learn about this too!!
Since it has not specifically mentioned that work experience should not be obtained during full time studentship, I am under the impression that it should be OK. For CEC they specifically say that you should not be full time student. I want to see others impression. I have received ITA based on this work experience. A bit worried though.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It isn't explicitly forbidden by CIC as is the case with experience gained inside Canada. Experience gained as a student outside Canada counts provided it was NOC 0/A/B and within the last 10 years.

kirill1984

Jul 13, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
It isn't explicitly forbidden by CIC as is the case with experience gained inside Canada. Experience gained as a student outside Canada counts provided it was NOC 0/A/B and within the last 10 years.
Hi guys! I`m on the same boat.
The quote looks promising, but I`m wondering if anyone got PR having foreign work experience being a student at home country?
Does CIC accepted that one?

Thanks.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
hi all,

I also have an overlap as a full time student and full time work in home country, however i dint claim points for study during that period.....but in previous student visa application i mentioned education during that period so cic(new delhi office) could be aware that i had full time education during that era.......i got ITA based on those work exp points but not for those study points(which overlaps with work).

Expert advice would be greatly appreciated !!!

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I claimed six months of full-time work experience while being a full-time student in an undergraduate institution in my home country. I checked with my NOC and it says that a college/university degree is usually required. Since it had the word "usually" I decided to go ahead and submit that experience.

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

i submitted my PR application in April with part time foreign work experience while full time study.i know someone who got PPR with same kind of experience. Also i ordered my GCMS notes it says R10 Ok. Eligibility still not started i will update once my eligibility changed to passed.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Preet_S said:
Hi All,

i submitted my PR application in April with part time foreign work experience while full time study.i know someone who got PPR with same kind of experience. Also i ordered my GCMS notes it says R10 Ok. Eligibility still not started i will update once my eligibility changed to passed.
thanks

Radix

Mar 22, 2017
Hi guys,
Did anyone have success with the work and study overlap issue for FSW category and can share their story?

During my last semester of graduation, I joined a startup as a marketing/operations executive in my home country. I would work 2.5-3 hours a day on weekdays and 17-18 hours on weekends (study pressure in last the semester is usually very low) making it a weekly average of 30-32 hrs. This continued for 4 months until I graduated, after which I joined the same firm as a full-time employee, working there for another 4 months. (Post which I joined an MNC).

I recently received my ITA and would be applying in the FSW category.

Regards,
Radix

Last edited:

Pranavpal

Jun 2, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Pls some1 suggest can we claim pts for working while studing full time or not (fsw) ?

I also have the same issue : i was working part-time while my bachelors was going on, should i claim points ? Does the probability of my file being rejected increases ?

Thanks you guys ! Highly appreciated !

Radix

Mar 22, 2017
Hi guys,
Did anyone have success with the work and study overlap issue for FSW category and can share their story?

During my last semester of graduation, I joined a startup as a marketing/operations executive in my home country. I would work 2.5-3 hours a day on weekdays and 17-18 hours on weekends (study pressure in last the semester is usually very low) making it a weekly average of 30-32 hrs. This continued for 4 months until I graduated, after which I joined the same firm as a full-time employee, working there for another 4 months. (Post which I joined an MNC).

I recently received my ITA and would be applying in the FSW category.

Regards,
Radix
Bumping this up...

Reactions: Pranavpal

Pranavpal

Jun 2, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Pls some1 suggest can we claim pts for working while studing full time or not (fsw) ?

I also have the same issue : i was working part-time while my bachelors was going on, should i claim points ? Does the probability of my file being rejected increases ?

Pls reply to my query
Thanks !

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Skilled work experience during studies OUTSIDE of Canada does count as long as it was paid and NOC 0,A,B.

Reactions: sam3218 and Radix