+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience - Employer's letter contradicts payslips

EEboi

Sep 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I have an urgent question, hope someone could help with:

I was employed by a company full time, on a hourly basis. That means that I would log my hours and get paid accordingly.
My job hours were defined as "approx. 180 hours per month", and this is the wording used in an employers' letter and every document other than my payslips.
But my payslips rarely got past 150 monthly hours, and the months were highly irregular ( I do have a total of 1560hrs over 12 months). My employer was a good friend and didnt care that I didnt work the full month.

Would this contradiction be an issue?
Could it count as misrepresentation?
Should I avoid submitting my payslips?

Thank you so much!!

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hello everyone, I have an urgent question, hope someone could help with:

I was employed by a company full time, on a hourly basis. That means that I would log my hours and get paid accordingly.
My job hours were defined as "approx. 180 hours per month", and this is the wording used in an employers' letter and every document other than my payslips.
But my payslips rarely got past 150 monthly hours, and the months were highly irregular ( I do have a total of 1560hrs over 12 months). My employer was a good friend and didnt care that I didnt work the full month.

Would this contradiction be an issue?
Could it count as misrepresentation?
Should I avoid submitting my payslips?

Thank you so much!!
My two cents worth - if you can get a complete company reference letter (off the top of my head, you need title, working hours, joining date, salary, and duties, on a letterhead - but please double check) that's all you need. Payslips may be requested later if anything looks kosher, but my philosophy is to meet the requirements as simply as you can, making sure you have provided everything they need. Adding multiple sources makes more work for the visa officer and opens the door to discrepancies. So if you have a clear, good quality reference letter for 3 years (anything more does not give you more points) or for your total experience of less than 3 years, that's all you should report and present.

Reading between the lines, you likely have months where you did less than 120 hours which indicates weeks less than than 30 hours. Given the choice, I would sidestep these and focus on a great reference letter. This is what I did - chose one company (two roles, 5 years, 2.5 years each), and got a single complete reference letter as my only employment document.

All the best!