Hi,

My EE profile got rejected twice, below is the calculation i am doing

Ielts = 20 points
ECA = 21 points
Age = 12 points
Work Experience = 15 points

Total points = 68

I just have one doubt :-

during last semester of my graduation (Jan 2009 to June 2009) i was working part time, which i included in my calculation of work experience and total comes to 6 years.

Jan 2009 to July 2009 = 30 hours a week (Part time )
July 2009 to Apr 2010 = 50 hours a week (Full time)
May 2010 till yet = 45 hours a week

can this be the reason of rejection, because i was working part time during studies and CIC will not consider experience during studies. However i have checked CIC website and there is nothing mentioned about this.

it will be much appreciated if someone can put some light on this or someone has same problem.

ON CIC website it says below under Canadian Work Experience but nothing is mentioned under Foreign Work Experience.
Work experience — requirements

(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
(d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
neeraj_chawla said:
Hi,

Ielts = 20 points
ECA = 21 points
Age = 12 points

Total points = 68

during last semester of my graduation (Jan 2009 to June 2009) i was working part time, which i included in my calculation of work experience and total comes to 6 years.

can this be the reason of rejection, because i was working part time during studies and CIC will not consider experience during studies. However i have checked CIC website and there is nothing mentioned about this.

it will be much appreciated if someone can put some light on this or someone has same problem.

ON CIC website it says below under Canadian Work Experience but nothing is mentioned under Foreign Work Experience.

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
(d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week.
I don't quite understand your question. FSW considers work experience while studying full-time but Express Entry does not.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary said:
I don't quite understand your question. FSW considers work experience while studying full-time but Express Entry does not.
I don't think so,Is there any reference?

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neeraj_chawla said:
Hi,

Ielts = 20 points
ECA = 21 points
Age = 12 points

Total points = 68

My friend submitted his application even with 2 years of part time work experience during his education.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary said:
Read the Ministerial Instruction for FSW and EE.
It has not been mentioned,I would appreciate it if you provide the link.

neeraj_chawla

Jan 2, 2015
Thanks for the reply Guys !!

the question is that as per me i have 6 years of experience however i am unable to create profile in EE, which mean CIC is is not calculating experience the way i am doing it.

I checked ministerial instructions and they have provided requirements of calculating work experience for two categories.

Canadian Work Experience

Foreign Work Experience

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1).
Requirements

(2) In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for their foreign work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
Full-time employment

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b), full-time employment consists of employment of at least 30 hours per week.

Work in excess

(4) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.

i fall under Foreign Work Experience. and it does not say that experience during studies will not be counted, like it clearly says in case of Canadian work experience.

Hope this clarifies the question. Please help !

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary said:
What is considered as full time study in my example:

in 2001 I have started a 5-year integrated bachelor + master studies.
in 2006 I have finished listening to the classes, but still had 3 exams left to complete master's degree.
in 2014 I have completed my master studies - passed those 3 exams and submitted my master thesis.

*NOTE: my university has decision that I was able to grab BsC degree at any moment after I had 180+ points, I just never got that degree since I was going for master.

in period 2006-2014 i was full time employed, and I would like to claim that experience as foreign work experience. is that possible?

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can anyone tell me if foreign work experience accumulated while studying full time is considered by CIC?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veritas said:
can anyone tell me if foreign work experience accumulated while studying full time is considered by CIC?
If it was in Canada, no. If it was in another country, yes.

LCC1111

Jun 14, 2016
Hi,

Anybody know if I am full time working in Canada while part time remotely working for a foreign company could get points in EE as foreign work experience?

I have all the pay stubs from foreign company and the NOC is match too.

Thanks

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
Hello can you all please help me? I worked as a student in UK. Mixture of part time and full time work experienxs. Can you please help in calculating? Here goes my timeline

May 13 - aug 13: 37hrs/week
Sept 13 - april 14: 20hrs/week
May 14 - aug 15: 37hrs/wk
Sept 15- jan 16: 20hrs/wk
Feb 16 - may 16: 37hrs/wk

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Regarding work history do we need to show the complete work history or only the ones we are claiming for points.