+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Foreign work experience* - 2 years 11 months as 3 years

Spiral

Feb 5, 2021
Hi All!!
I am CEC applicant with 2 years 11 months foreign work experience, but my Express Entry profile is updated with the points equivalent to (full 3 year experience).
Now, I cannot complete my "3 years foreign work experience" as well as not include it since it drastically drops my points. What would be my possible options?
HELP!!

TIA

Kunalthapar

Sep 18, 2022
Hi All!!
I am CEC applicant with 2 years 11 months foreign work experience, but my Express Entry profile is updated with the points equivalent to (full 3 year experience).
Now, I cannot complete my "3 years foreign work experience" as well as not include it since it drastically drops my points. What would be my possible options?
HELP!!

TIA
Did you get any reply? What did you do for this? I am in similar situation

Kunalthapar

Sep 18, 2022
So, i didnt apply yet but i was thinking to apply as 3 years. But one of my friend told me that it can be problem and i am thinking to write 2 years now.
There is no place you can write 2 years. system asks only month and year and calculates accordingly

Kunalthapar

Sep 18, 2022
hi,
I have similar issue of 2y11m exp but system took it as 3 years and now I am thinking shall I accept or decline? Did you accept yours?
Your score if after taking into consideration 2 years is more than the score in which the cutoff was done then you are good to go else its better to decline and wait

bishalPodder

Jun 10, 2020
Your score if after taking into consideration 2 years is more than the score in which the cutoff was done then you are good to go else its better to decline and wait
Thanks. Suppose I am declining and how should I put my work exp in pool because the pool will always consider it as 3 years?

Bharath.9591

Jan 5, 2023
Hi All!!
HELP!!

TIA
Have you got the PR with this issue because I am also facing this kind of issue

Sowgat

May 17, 2019
Hi, I’m a CEC candidate, currently in the pool with 471 CRS. I did not include my back home experience since I thought it will be difficult for me to get the evidence of work though I worked there for almost 3 years. However, I mentioned my back home work experience when I first applied for my Study permit.

My current EE profile is going to expire on January 10, 2023. Now I’ve to create a new EE profile. will it be a problem if I claim my back home experience in my new profile?

Fortunately, I was able to fetch enough evidence of my foreign work experience recently. I also have 2 years of Canadian experience.

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Hi All!!
HELP!!

TIA
The system will automatically consider it as 3 years. There's no need to worry

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
and the officer won’t reduce the points?
Yes, the officer will reduce the points once they review your application.

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I don't understand why the officer will reduce your points for 3 years of foreign work experience. As a CEC applicant, I got points for 1 year 3 months of foreign work experience. If 1 year of foreign work experience is seen as an asset that gets you CRS points, why would 3 years detract from your points?