+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

foreign trained dentist career options

AleksGoy

Jan 18, 2018
Hello!
I am permanent resident of Canada, currently living abroad. I am foreign trained dentist from non-accredited program, planning on moving permanently to Canada in couple of years. Apart from successful completion of equivalency process to become registered dentist in Canada, what are my other career options, where I can use my medical degree from outside of Canada?
Thank you for all the answers!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hello!
I am permanent resident of Canada, currently living abroad. I am foreign trained dentist from non-accredited program, planning on moving permanently to Canada in couple of years. Apart from successful completion of equivalency process to become registered dentist in Canada, what are my other career options, where I can use my medical degree from outside of Canada?
Thank you for all the answers!
Nowhere. Credentials from outside Canada are never recognized when the are health-related.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks for your answer. How about pharmaceutical jobs?
Nope... Pharmacy is a totally different stream.

If you are thinking of temporary job related to dentistry, you can apply for NDAEB to become a licenced dental assistant until you clear NDEB to practice dentistry. It requires you to apply for equivalency, give written and skills exam and get the licence.

If you are looking for a permanent job related to dentistry, but not dentistry, then you can opt for dental hygiene. You need to enter a dental hygiene program and clear the NDHCB board exam. Then you can practice as a dental hygienist.

Other than these, you have options to become denturist, dental lab technician etc all of which requires to enroll in a program i guess.

Hope that clears your doubt.