Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
My wife and I have a son who was born in Canada, we are Indian nationals with Indian passport and my son has Canadian passport.
I have got ITA and I was about to submit application for PR.
I have encountered a question in application which states as below.

Is your first child included in this application?

What should i select Yes/No?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
I selected No as an answer. Now they (meaning online application) think, my son is not coming with me and asking me for a reason Why is my first child not going to accompany me?

Well he is coming with me, I just haven't included him in my application because he is a Canadian passport holder and he doesn't need to be included.

This online application questionnaire has gone from "Not including my son in the PR application" to "Not accompanying me to Canada"

Have I answered correctly or this questionnaire is messing with me.?

Sairam1

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case....
1. I said "yes" and/or accompanying (Canadian born child) with me.
2. I have asked to pay his PR application fee (CAD 150) along with his necessary documents to upload.
3. And, I paid it.
4. I mentioned about it in LOE
5. The amount was refunded to me a week after landing.

I hope this helps.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Sairam1 said:
In my case....
2. I have asked to pay his PR application fee (CAD 150) along with his necessary documents to upload.
3. And, I paid it.

I hope this helps.
Feels good to hear from someone with similar case. I had selected No in the questionnaire (which comes in the beginning when you start application) and now I cannot change it in the forms which are generated afterwards in the application.

On the other hand, If I explain my situation in LOE, I may not get into hazard of paying application fee and get it refund in future.

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
can_indian said:
Feels good to hear from someone with similar case. I had selected No in the questionnaire (which comes in the beginning when you start application) and now I cannot change it in the forms which are generated afterwards in the application.

On the other hand, If I explain my situation in LOE, I may not get into hazard of paying application fee and get it refund in future.
I did same. I have 2 canadian born kids.

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
can_indian said:

If you want to change it, you can click the "change family information" button on the top. (I'm not sure about the text of the button, since my application has been approved, it doesn't show any longer).

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Sairam1 said:
In my case....
3. And, I paid it.

I hope this helps.
I also have a Canadian child. And I just received CoPR recently.

On my CoPR, under the question "Have you any dependants other than those listed below?", only my wife is listed; and on my wife's CoPR, only me is listed. Our daughter is not mentioned on both CoPRs. Are yours the same?

And what's your answer for this question?

Thank you very much!

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_indian said:
My wife and I have a son who was born in Canada, we are Indian nationals with Indian passport and my son has Canadian passport.
I have got ITA and I was about to submit application for PR.
I have encountered a question in application which states as below.

Is your first child included in this application?

What should i select Yes/No?
This is exactly I wanted to ask! I answered NO

However, When you are at the second stage where you can upload the documents, under your child section they're asking to upload the following:

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Family Member Proof of Status (required) What should I upload here? Work permit?

Thanks,

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
omar_ahmed21 said:

However, When you are at the second stage where you can upload the documents, under your child section they're asking to upload the following:

Family Member Proof of Status (required) What should I upload here? Work permit?

Thanks,
I wish I could help but I am not at that stage in my application. I am completing(filling) some forms after questionnaire. They have not generated any check-list of document to upload for me yet. Let me know what you have done, so that it could be helpful to me too.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
omar_ahmed21 said:

Thanks,
I did apply by selecting No. So what you need to is add the Canadian passport and birth certificate. If you haven't gotten the passport yet, duplicate the birth certificate in both places

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olak131 said:
I did apply by selecting No. So what you need to is add the Canadian passport and birth certificate. If you haven't gotten the passport yet, duplicate the birth certificate in both places
Thank you so much ;) +1