+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Nanny process

journeytocitizenship

Sep 20, 2016
Hi, anyone gone through this process of bringing a foreign nanny to Canada?? Please let me know your experience. She's a single mom and has a child...will this be a problem for issuing the work permit? I have no problems with the child staying here but permit would the child be eligible for? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, anyone gone through this process of bringing a foreign nanny to Canada?? Please let me know your experience. She's a single mom and has a child...will this be a problem for issuing the work permit? I have no problems with the child staying here but permit would the child be eligible for? Thanks
A TRV may or may not be issued for the child. Is she prepared to leave the child with someone in her home country if the child's visa is not approved?

Technically only those workers who are in Canada under a skilled occupation are permitted to bring dependents.

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
I would say it’s a long process , depending on which country you are from, average can be 8-12 month end to end process I.e creating job bank id , LMIA , and work permit. The child will be hard as you are offering her a position of caregiver and with child it will hinder her capability to provide care for the employer child. Plus one of the key things are ties to home country and single mother with child has the weakest ties , making your case very weak. When you can do is to apply her WP on her own and bring the child after 6 months , this way it will be much easier. Hope this helps

Nyarkendu

Jan 17, 2019
Hi... I’m looking for a nanny job/ senior citizens care/ persons with disabilities in Canada. I’m from Kenya . How do I go about it