+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Exp, Didn't show in study permit Can I use that in EE?

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

When I initially came to Canada on Study permit, I didn't provided information about foreign work experience when applying for study permit. I have also applied for co-op and PGWP those application didn't contain foreign work details as well, so If I were to use that experience now as part of EE would there be any complication or query on why I never provided that experience before.? If CIC were to enquire about that what should my answer be.?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll have to include it either way - whether it is in the personal history section or in the work history section. You can claim points for it just make sure you write a LOE regarding why you did not mention it back then.

Cheers :)

Reactions: Hajimuktar

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But that's where I am confusion that what reason could justify not showing before? I have no idea what to put in loe. I didn't mentioned before because I didn't feel the need to do so and I am sure that's not something to write in loe.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
simplynd2804 said:
But that's where I am confusion that what reason could justify not showing before? I have no idea what to put in loe. I didn't mentioned before because I didn't feel the need to do so and I am sure that's not something to write in loe.
What was the real reason for not including them? Maybe it was just contract work? Or small jobs? Did you misunderstand the form? Whatever the reason was be honest about it. Reality is always the most valid answer to anything.

If you don't claim CRS points for them, you should just include them when you get ITA in the personal history part. If it's valuable experience for EE include it in the EE profile already.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
That's correct.

Perfectly fine to include that experience in this application even though it was not included in the earlier application, no LOE required. That information was irrelevant to your study permit application hence was justifiably excluded, no explanation required.

All the best!

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Asivad Anac said:
That's correct.

Perfectly fine to include that experience in this application even though it was not included in the earlier application, no LOE required. That information was irrelevant to your study permit application hence was justifiably excluded, no explanation required.

All the best!
There was a case one or two months ago (can't find it right now) where someone was accused with misrepresentation because of difference in work history in former Work or Study Visa application. Maybe it's not that common, probably it's depending on the VO, but both study or work permit forms have a clear part of work history that has to be filled accurately.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neorol said:
There was a case one or two months ago (can't find it right now) where someone was accused with misrepresentation because of difference in work history in former Work or Study Visa application. Maybe it's not that common, probably it's depending on the VO, but both study or work permit forms have a clear part of work history that has to be filled accurately.
Different applications have different purposes. Some information may be irrelevant to a certain application hence excluded from the same. That wouldn't be misrepresentation by itself. Misrepresentation involves active and wilful provision or suppression of facts to benefit oneself, that's not the case here.

If you find more information about that refusal, do share.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad that gives me some confidence.

neorol, if you can find more details about that specific rejection plz do share.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
I will try to find and will share. I can remember he did some volunteer work and included it in work history for one of his visa applications, I think he was a student too. In PR he declared the same period as unemployed and that was the point when he was accused. I don't know how the story ended, but he tried to explain that he didn't get paid for his volunteer work that's why he marked that period as unemployed.

Hopefully your case will be ok. It's great that we have a lot of cases and really experienced members. More brains and opinions can help more to understand a situation.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
This is a case which neorol is talking about:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-inland-share-your-timeline-t349220.0.html;msg5436898#msg5436898

How the story ended - he did get PR after all http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-jan-2016-lets-get-together-t389889.0.html;msg5453033#msg5453033

Part of the letter:

"I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that you stated that you were a Self-Employed Freelance Designer from May 2015 to October 2015. You also stated that you were unemployed, and looking for work from May 2015 to October 2015. The conflicting information raises concerns regarding the credibility of subsequent employment, and the overall work qualifications used on your application."

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I am in a similar situation,

I was working for a company around 20hr/week but I was working remotely, and My college and company are in two different cities so I was confused if it makes it complicated.?

Also I wanted to if we require to provide pay slips or reference letter is enough and do we need to mention salary on letter.?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnny123 said:
This is a case which neorol is talking about:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-inland-share-your-timeline-t349220.0.html;msg5436898#msg5436898

How the story ended - he did get PR after all http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-jan-2016-lets-get-together-t389889.0.html;msg5453033#msg5453033

Part of the letter:

"I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that you stated that you were a Self-Employed Freelance Designer from May 2015 to October 2015. You also stated that you were unemployed, and looking for work from May 2015 to October 2015. The conflicting information raises concerns regarding the credibility of subsequent employment, and the overall work qualifications used on your application."
Quite fascinating and confusing.

OP says that the officer confused dates between 2013 and 2015, appears unlikely because it is terribly sloppy work to make such a glaring error especially when one is almost accusing someone else of misrepresentation. OP further believes that the officer cross-verified their applications from 2013 but the officer themselves do NOT make any mention of that. I suspect (without any further evidence yet) that the OP may have inadvertently provided self-contradictory information within their PR application itself (probably different answers in Work history vs Personal history) and that led to this misrepresentation charge and the subsequent clearance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
Guys I am in a similar situation,

I was working for a company around 20hr/week but I was working remotely, and My college and company are in two different cities so I was confused if it makes it complicated.?

You are allowed to work remotely.

Also I wanted to if we require to provide pay slips or reference letter is enough and do we need to mention salary on letter.?

Pay slips are not mandatory.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad, I am following this forum from quite a while and you are one of the really helpful person around here.

and just wanted to make sure about salary as well , is it necessary to mention salary on reference letter, the company I worked for are reluctant to disclose any salary related information.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
Thanks Asivad, I am following this forum from quite a while and you are one of the really helpful person around here.

and just wanted to make sure about salary as well , is it necessary to mention salary on reference letter, the company I worked for are reluctant to disclose any salary related information.
Has to be mentioned.