+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For the extension, do I need a new number: LMIA exempt Offer of Employment ?

Badrul87

Apr 18, 2017
P.S. Sorry, wrong place for the thread: I am not an U.S. citizen. I don't know how to remove this thread.

Dear all,
my LMIA-exempt work permit (with the same employer, an University) extension request has been rejected; motivation: I failed to give them the Offer of Employment number.

(They did not even message/call before rejecting, I and/or my employer could have solved this easily; I am very disappointed about this lack of communication...)

I have checked, and I have inserted correctly in the forms the offer of employment number I have been given; it's the same that has been used to obtain the visa, and the work permit. So, I would like to ask you if I needed another LMIA exempt Offer of Employment number, which my employer needs to request again. Previously, I asked about this to an office inside the University, but they said no; at the same time I am in the present situation...

Please, help me with this info: I need it to request a Restoration of Status, and I cannot fail again.

I thank you in advance for any usefu answer,

Best Regards

Last edited:

michelb86

Apr 16, 2016
Hi,
How did this end up? We might have the same situation. Did you have to request a new Offer of Employment number or could you use the same as on the old permit?
And did you end up be able to renew your visa? I hope so!