+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For sponsorship

Uwaifo gift

Sep 9, 2017
Pls my husand want to sponsor me to canada.we are planing to do marriage registry this Dec when he come to Nigerian.and also we have a child togather.she 7rs old.he was married before but divorce na.pls what and what documents to gather when the time come.and pls is there canadian embassy in nigeria that o can be required for an interview.thanks

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Is your husband a Canadian citizen or a PR? Did he immigrate to Canada from Nigeria? If he did, did he include the child in his own application? If you and he were living together for one year or more before he came to Canada, did he include you in his application?
PR applications for a spouse from Nigeria go through Accra, Ghana, so if there is an interview it will be there.

Uwaifo gift

Sep 9, 2017
Yes my husband is already a canadian citizen.and my daughter is also given Canadian certificate.my husband is going to applied for canadian passport for her when he come by Dec this year.he is from Liberia.but ever seen he left there he has never gone back there.he do come to Nigeria every year and spend 2 months with us .so we have been to g ether now for 8 yrs +1yr for courtship making it 9yrs.we did our traditional marriage in 2013. But planning to do the marriage registry this Dec. Pls is"t possible to do traditional marriage when my husband have not officially divorce in court.but the divorce is already in process now .the divorce certificate will be out by this Nov. Thanks

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The Canadian government will not accept your traditional marriage as legal because you did it before your husband was divorced. If you get married civilly after he is legally divorced, then the Canadian government will accept that. You should still mention your traditional marriage in the application forms.
Before your husband came to Canada, had you two lived together for one year?

Uwaifo gift

Sep 9, 2017
Ok.for the pass 8yrs ,my husband have been coming to see me and his daughter every year.and for that past 8 yrs, he do spend 2mths.every year.if I add the months togather it will give me 16th.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok.for the pass 8yrs ,my husband have been coming to see me and his daughter every year.and for that past 8 yrs, he do spend 2mths.every year.if I add the months togather it will give me 16th.
No - that doesn't count. You have to live together for a full year continuously (12 months in a row) to qualify as common law. You either need to get married once your husband is legally divorced in November - or your husband needs to move to your country and live with you for a full year. Then he will be able to sponsor you.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The 12 months have to be continuous. The danger was that if you two had lived together for 12 months before he moved to Canada, and he had not declared you, then he would not be able to sponsor you now.
Get married civilly once his divorce is final, and then he can sponsor you.