+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For requesting ATIP, what is the difference?

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

For requesting ATIP, what is the difference between The Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act ?
I know the first is $5 fee and the second is free , which is more detailed?

I have read the following page but couldn't understand it:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/index.asp

Thanks

what

Dec 21, 2013
Privacy Act protects your information and keeps it confidential and unknown to public and to any third party to access.
The access to information gives the individual the right to access his or her information by a request only. And the individual can also give any person other than him or her self the right to access information through a request authorized by the individual.
In conclusion: Your information can only be accessed to any one by an authorization from you, so other than your authorization no one can know anything about you or your case.

Does that help?

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much guys , as the free ATIP request is the same info and details as the $5, I will apply for the free one then, but the question is, why many people in the forum requested the $5 ATIP one for themselves ?

Very helpful info guys, thanks again

canmanottawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
when you request that form... how would u attach the identity documents? do u scan them? i tried to request my entries from CBSA BUT didnt know what to attach

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmanottawa said:
when you request that form... how would u attach the identity documents? do u scan them? i tried to request my entries from CBSA BUT didnt know what to attach
For CBSA your passports' bio-pages and PR card. There's help on ATIP site what kind of attachments you can submit, and yes, you scan them.