+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PR can i use medicals done for Work Permit in March (valid for one year)

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi,

My spouse is already in Canada on Work Permit, she did her medicals for the work permit in March 2018. And she is in Canada on the WP since June 19.

Now, I am applying for PR - I am the primary applicant and wife is dependent. Can I use the same medicals for her which she did for WP while I submit PR?

Also if this is accepted, will I get PR with last landing date 1 year from wife's medicals.

Please help..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

My spouse is already in Canada on Work Permit, she did her medicals for the work permit in March 2018. And she is in Canada on the WP since June 19.

Now, I am applying for PR - I am the primary applicant and wife is dependent. Can I use the same medicals for her which she did for WP while I submit PR?

Also if this is accepted, will I get PR with last landing date 1 year from wife's medicals.

Please help..
It would be far safer getting a new medical examination. You will almost certainly run out of time otherwise. Landing date expiry date is tied to the medical examination date.

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
It would be far safer getting a new medical examination. You will almost certainly run out of time otherwise. Landing date expiry date is tied to the medical examination date.
If I submit with the 6 month old medical wouldn't the PR officers themselves ask for medicals to be redone if PR is getting delayed...
I just don't want to spend ~400-500 CAD upfront, what if PR comes in 2-3 months time in that case spending the 400-500 CAD would be a waste. As I am planning to land as soon as the PR comes, and latest by February.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If I submit with the 6 month old medical wouldn't the PR officers themselves ask for medicals to be redone if PR is getting delayed...
I just don't want to spend ~400-500 CAD upfront, what if PR comes in 2-3 months time in that case spending the 400-500 CAD would be a waste. As I am planning to land as soon as the PR comes, and latest by February.
They may not, leaving you very little time to actually land after receiving your COPR. Do you know what the current processing time is for your immigration class and country?

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
They may not, leaving you very little time to actually land after receiving your COPR. Do you know what the current processing time is for your immigration class and country?
Currently the website shows they are committed to process most completed applications in 6 months. However, trend is they take 4 months on an average. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.. I will be ready to take off in Feb-end to Mar 5th and can leave even if PR comes last minute. Let us see...

Pvij

Sep 17, 2018
Yes you can. We did our medicals for PR in March and applied for EE in June using the same medicals.