+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For post-C6 applicants who received AOR, did you use PR card as ID?

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
As title, I am wondering for those who already got AOR post-C6, has anyone used PR card as the only ID, in particular those who just needs one ID according to the guide? I am the one who sent application with passport + PR card, and it seems someone else has got application returned due to this.

Can those who had AOR comment on what ID they had used?

Reactions: stshayesteh

stshayesteh

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
I guess you saw my post on returned application for missing ID! Still not sure if the problem was PRC or it was just a human error on their side! Regardless, it is very frustrating, as we wanted to make sure they get in front of the queue of all new applicants and now they will end up at the back :(

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
I guess you saw my post on returned application for missing ID! It is very frustrating, as we wanted to make sure they get in front of the queue of all new applicants and now they will end up at the back :(
Yes, I did. As a result I would like to know if anyone who received AOR can share what they had for ID to see if anyone is on the same boat (passport + PR card only) but still got AOR.

Ironically the day when I sent my application I intentionally removed the driver's license and health card...

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
I sent my passport, my PR card, my CoPR (just in case), my health insurance card and driving license.

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
I sent my passport, my PR card, my CoPR (just in case), my health insurance card and driving license.
ahhhhh I'm waiting for the AOR too..... I am kinda lost my patience.... today is my birthday. I wish I could receive it today....

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
I may be wrong, but if I recall correctly, the guide for the pre C-6 applications did indicate that the PR Card could be used as one of the ID proofs. I don't have that guide available now, but if someone does, then we can reconfirm it.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I may be wrong, but if I recall correctly, the guide for the pre C-6 applications did indicate that the PR Card could be used as one of the ID proofs. I don't have that guide available now, but if someone does, then we can reconfirm it.
I have the old guide from August 2017. It doesn't mention PR card explicitly, but does mention travel document. I'm still not sure if PR card is a travel document because we cannot travel with just the card, need passport too.

Two (2) pieces of personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.
Examples include:
a Canadian driver’s licence
a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.
Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
ahhhhh I'm waiting for the AOR too..... I am kinda lost my patience.... today is my birthday. I wish I could receive it today....
Happy Birthday!

Do not worry, there is really a very small percentage who have received AORs.

As per spreadsheet:

Applications Received Oct 11,12,13

Total: 81
AORs: 17
Havn't Received AORs = 64

Application Received Oct 16,17,18

Total: 189
AORs: 17
Havn't Received AORs = 172

It may be nothing wrong with your application or any missing documents. Its just that your envelope is not in officer's hand yet. So relax and enjoy your day! :)

Reactions: technic and hime

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
I only sent PR card as an ID. I can only expect my application to be returned now I guess.

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Lets hope IRCC have a weekly review of the new process and realise there is a high rate of returns due to missing ID
Then they might look at the document checklist w.r.t guidelines and realise that they are misleading and also that there is NO description anywhere as to what constitutes a Personal Identification document. However, don't hold your breath. :mad:

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
I only sent PR card as an ID. I can only expect my application to be returned now I guess.
I also wanted to avoid sending in more than IRCC requested and sent only my PR Card as proof of ID, in addition to the biographical pages of my passports. However, I am still confident that IRCC will accept this. We will only know once we receive our AOR or our application in the mail. So let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Reactions: Sunapr

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
I have the old guide from August 2017. It doesn't mention PR card explicitly, but does mention travel document. I'm still not sure if PR card is a travel document because we cannot travel with just the card, need passport too.

Two (2) pieces of personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.
Examples include:
a Canadian driver’s licence
a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.
Note: Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards, bank cards and credit cards are not acceptable pieces of identification.
This is the link for IDs that IRCC says it will accept. It does not make mention of the PR Card, just travel documents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/id/accept-documents.asp

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
I also wanted to avoid sending in more than IRCC requested and sent only my PR Card as proof of ID, in addition to the biographical pages of my passports. However, I am still confident that IRCC will accept this. We will only know once we receive our AOR or our application in the mail. So let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Seems like you two did the same as myself? I am still hoping that we will get AOR but the fact someone has the application returned with only passport + PR card makes me wonder.

See if we can get some people with AOR to comment on what they have included in the application as ID. If there are people sending PR card as the only ID and still received AOR, then we can still hope for the best.