+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For medical exam: Which is better? St. Lukes or IOM Manila health Center

Denise13

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Toronto ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. We are going to have our medical exam this April. Just curious on which hospital is better and more convenient.. Is it st luke's or manila health center. And kindly share your experiences. Thankss a lot!

lyn Lambre

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Nueva Ecija
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 9, 2013
AOR Received.
October 22, 2013
File Transfer...
May 22,2013
Med's Request
October 22, 2013
Med's Done....
october 25, 2013
Passport Req..
october 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in God's Grace :)
LANDED..........
soon....
Denise13 said:
Hi. We are going to have our medical exam this April. Just curious on which hospital is better and more convenient.. Is it st luke's or manila health center. And kindly share your experiences. Thankss a lot!
hello! for me much better IOM very organize but you need an appointment :) all my friends went to st luke they need to undergo for another medical.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I would suggest St. Lukes Global City.

My aunt who accompanied my son in IOM last February had a not so good experience with the staff there... They did not listen to what my aunt was explaining to them and my son and aunt just ended up going home.

So I phoned St. Lukes Global City. Asked for requirements and explained the situation...and then my son had his medical examination there.... No hassle!

At St. Lukes you don't need to have an appointment , you can just walk in and bring your requirements... Look for AZON at St. Lukes. She is very nice and accommodating! :)

Denise13

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Toronto ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now I'm confused. Hehe. Anyway, thank you. :) Yeah, st lukes has its own website where you can find informations such as the fee, the requirements, etc. IOM has no website. But I think their advantage is that they offer lower fee :) and some said there's no hassle in IOM due to many people lining up since they are on appointment basis.

angelavaldizno

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07 September 2017
Now I'm confused. Hehe. Anyway, thank you. :) Yeah, st lukes has its own website where you can find informations such as the fee, the requirements, etc. IOM has no website. But I think their advantage is that they offer lower fee :) and some said there's no hassle in IOM due to many people lining up since they are on appointment basis.
Hi Denise, I hope you can still see this. May I ask for update kung san ka po na tuloy mag pa medical? Thank you so much!

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Hi Denise, I hope you can still see this. May I ask for update kung san ka po na tuloy mag pa medical? Thank you so much!
If you're in Metro Manila, I highly recommend IOM. Otherwise, make sure may extra funds ka when you go to St Luke's.

angelavaldizno

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07 September 2017
If you're in Metro Manila, I highly recommend IOM. Otherwise, make sure may extra funds ka when you go to St Luke's.
Hi survivor, sa IOM ka nag pa medical? Why does we need extra money Pag sa st Luke's po

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Was redirected here from another thread. My wife is looking at getting her medical done. I understand there are three options in Manila area, St Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic, St. Luke's Medical Center and IOM Manila Health Center. I heard for IOM the price is around 7500 php per adult. Does anyone know roughly what the cost is at the other centres for an adult?

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Was redirected here from another thread. My wife is looking at getting her medical done. I understand there are three options in Manila area, St Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic, St. Luke's Medical Center and IOM Manila Health Center. I heard for IOM the price is around 7500 php per adult. Does anyone know roughly what the cost is at the other centres for an adult?
Php7,953 for adult at St Luke's. Make sure she brings extra funds for charges on vaccines that is really not needed but will be demanded. It would be best to have it done at IOM.

conman

Mar 31, 2014
Never go to IOM.. It is better if you go to St Lukes.. If you are very sure about your health.. and you are young.. go to IOM.. but if additional tests are needed better yet go to St Lukes.. everything is there... .. IOM is just a clinic they do not even have ECG and Utrasound... My mother who needed an ECG and an Utrasound of the Kindey and the Heart (coz she is over 60) had to go to other hospitals to do it... She had to schedule for an apointment for a doctor in a different hospital just to schecule the ECg, Ultrasound, and some additional tests! .. then after all the test, you needed to go back to IOM so that they can review the results.. total waste of time.. I am surprised that IOM got the permission to conduct test in Canada, they do not have the facility to do it... Remember that the Medical Exam had to be done in a period of 30days!!!! if you go to IOM, you might exceed the due date... so better go to St Lukes.. if more tests are needed, for sure St Lukes has it all...

May 12, 2016
Same goes to St Lukes, my mom had to undergo ECG, creatinine blood test, hepa tests They gave referral for Cardiologist and my mom have to go to another hospital to do everything and go back to St Lukes and REPEAT the xray with different angle with of course, extra fee. They asked her to wait for 4 hours because the Xray result will be released only at 2PM and they were there at 8AM. After waiting, they said that they will just call her if there is still a follow up tests, if none, they will directly submit the report to embassy. Everything has so much hassle! The report are slow, the lines are slow, there are soooo many extra charges and tests which seems not needed. And worse, you will need to wait for nothing! I think IOM and St Lukes are all the same. I can't understand how these clinics are being certified. Expensive fees for rubbish services.