+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For International students

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi there,

Do you know if minor children of international students get free education in schools at Canada?

I have 2 kids aged 7 years and 9 years.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,

Do you know if minor children of international students get free education in schools at Canada?

They can attend without paying tuition.

Ajzz

Sep 19, 2016
They can attend without paying tuition.
Hi can anyone plz answer my query. I'm planning to study in Canada. I have two kids ,3 and 5 yr old.how easy is it to get visa with kids and husband and should we apply together or I apply for them after my visa approval

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

They need to be approved for a TRV and anSOWP for a spouse. These aren’t guaranteedl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi can anyone plz answer my query. I'm planning to study in Canada. I have two kids ,3 and 5 yr old.how easy is it to get visa with kids and husband and should we apply together or I apply for them after my visa approval
There isn’t a published guideline that tells applicants how yo get permits/visas approved for family members of international students. Students attending a masters or PhD program do seem to have a much higher chance of approval. It tends to be faster to get a study permit approved/refused if you apply for study permit without your family. If there is no chance you would study without your family accompanying you, you might consider applying all together.

Ajzz

Sep 19, 2016
There isn’t a published guideline that tells applicants how yo get permits/visas approved for family members of international students. Students attending a masters or PhD program do seem to have a much higher chance of approval. It tends to be faster to get a study permit approved/refused if you apply for study permit without your family. If there is no chance you would study without your family accompanying you, you might consider applying all together.
Thank you!

Ajzz

Sep 19, 2016
Thanks for your reply.. I have one more qts if u can help with this..
1.When I apply for my student visa will I have to apply for sowp at the same time or after getting the study permit, and where is this permit issued

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can do it at the same time or after. Would suggest applying after because you will get processed faster and it appears less as an immigration application. It can take 4+ months to process an SOWP sometimes so if there is no way you would come to Canada without your spouse you may want to apply together.

Ajzz

Sep 19, 2016
You can do it at the same time or after. Would suggest applying after because you will get processed faster and it appears less as an immigration application. It can take 4+ months to process an SOWP sometimes so if there is no way you would come to Canada without your spouse you may want to apply together.
thanks!

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All,

I just received an offer from Conestoga College for January 2020 Intake. This is a conditional offer letter with the below comments:

*Successful completion of the Master's degree with a minimum "B" average*

Could someone please shed some light if anyone know what does "B" average is equivalent to as in Indian Grading percentage system?

I am pursuing my masters right now and was expected to be completed by August 2020. However, govt. is still debating if the Universities should conduct exams or not.

Appreciate your time.
Thank you!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello All,

I just received an offer from Conestoga College for January 2020 Intake. This is a conditional offer letter with the below comments:

*Successful completion of the Master's degree with a minimum "B" average*

Could someone please shed some light if anyone know what does "B" average is equivalent to as in Indian Grading percentage system?

I am pursuing my masters right now and was expected to be completed by August 2020. However, govt. is still debating if the Universities should conduct exams or not.

Appreciate your time.
Thank you!
a B average is usually a 3.0/4.0 or 70-75%